Firefighters have been confronted by a horrific scene after a blaze engulfed a nursing home with thick smoke in north-west Sydney this morning, leaving several elderly residents dead and others seriously injured.

Fire and Rescue NSW Commissioner Greg Mullins described the scene as "chaotic" and "tragic" as more than 100 fire crews, police and ambulance officers arrived at the Quakers Hill Nursing Home on Hambledon Road, Quakers Hill just after 5am

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/a-firefighters-worst-nightmare-as-multiple-deaths-confirmed-after-fire-breaks-out-in-nursing-home-20111118-1nlqs.html#ixzz1e0RmGTH2

That's terrible.
That's bad brah

EDIT:

The expressions on their faces in the pictures makes me wanna cry Poor people.
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Nov 17, 2011,
Quote by LRCGUITAR

First thing I thought of, but I didn't really want to link it. It was hilarious when I first saw it. No so much right now.

EDIT: Okay, it's still kinda funny. It all in the execution.
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Nov 17, 2011,
That's f*cked. I heard about that this morning.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Man that's terrible

Also, the face that the fire seemed to have started in two seperate locations.
I really hope this wasn't deliberate
Last edited by whoomit at Nov 17, 2011,
Quote by Butt Rayge
First thing I thought of, but I didn't really want to link it. It was hilarious when I first saw it. No so much right now.

EDIT: Okay, it's still kinda funny. It all in the execution.

Maybe I'm going to hell

Honestly, this is terrible. I'd hate to be a fireman, it must be awful being unable to help people.
That's bad.
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.
great. i was feeling happy for the first time in months and you post this shit
Quote by carnagereap666
What about your fire truck catching on fire?

When I was a kid I always worried about what would happen if the firetruck caught on fire and if my doctor got sick. I didn't know what to do, I guess I assumed that noone had ever come up with a contingency in those cases and society would collapse or something.

I was also always, every ****ing drill, asking what would happen if there was a fire and a tornado and a gunman in our school at the same time, and the teacher would never answer my question. I just wanted to be prepared.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by tayroar

I was also always, every ****ing drill, asking what would happen if there was a fire and a tornado and a gunman in our school at the same time, and the teacher would never answer my question. I just wanted to be prepared.

I can answer that, are you wearing your brown pants?
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by RU Experienced?
Sure it's sad and all, but it's not like they didn't already have one foot and a plastic hip on the train.

Not a great way to die though, I'd imagine.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Not a great way to die though, I'd imagine.

It depends, if they were engulfed by flames while they were alive and conscious it would be horrible and excruciating. If they died suffocating from carbon monoxide or whatever else was in the smoke it probably wouldn't be too bad.
90 firefighters and 50 ambulance crews.

Do you understand how immense that is?

50 firefighters and 50 ambulance crews.

UG DOES forgive, then eventually forgets

Luigi>Mario

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Anyone who sucks my dick is special.
They didn't mention that when I first read it/watched the clip they had.

I didn't realise they updated new pages like this, but it makes sense that they would.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Sure it's sad and all, but it's not like they didn't already have one foot and a plastic hip on the train.

Still, wouldn't imagine burning alive to be a very pleasurable experience.
Quote by So-Cal
Still, wouldn't imagine burning alive to be a very pleasurable experience.

Tell that to this guy

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by slash_GNR666
Tell that to this guy

(Invalid img)

Someone should have.
I saw some sacred chinaman pour gasoline all over himslef and put a match to his face and die. By the look of it, it wasn't very painful because he just like sat there and didn't even scream and shit. I guess burning alive just feels warm.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
man, that's awful. I read the title and thought of children in a nursery but this is just as bad
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by Grimriffer
I saw some sacred chinaman pour gasoline all over himslef and put a match to his face and die. By the look of it, it wasn't very painful because he just like sat there and didn't even scream and shit. I guess burning alive just feels warm.

well, when a building catches on fire, it is usually smoke inhalation that kills the occupants.
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Quote by Grimriffer

I'm pretty sure it'd be damn painful. It hurts just to drink a hot drink too fast, so I couldn't imagine how painful it'd be to burn alive.

Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
This is horrible, but watching that I realized, isn't it weird how society treats old people like they are children, even if they aren't suffering from dementia? I would hate to be old and then someone as young as my kids talk down to me like that.
Quote by cam_sampbell
I'm pretty sure it'd be damn painful. It hurts just to drink a hot drink too fast, so I couldn't imagine how painful it'd be to burn alive.

I think you fall into a coma like state from the pain. 2-3 seconds of pain if you're a pissling and maybe you can live up to 10 if your balls didn't bbq from the heat.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS

Not to diminish what happened in that nursing home, but it can always get worse.
Last edited by Spud Spudly at Nov 18, 2011,
This is awful. When I worked in elderly care we always kept the bed-bound patients on the ground floor for easy evacuation in a fire. Not always easy in this kind of situation though
Quote by LRCGUITAR
Maybe I'm going to hell

Honestly, this is terrible. I'd hate to be a fireman, it must be awful being unable to help people.

Still, it's a step up from having the brigade's media consultant take charge and not allow you, or one of the 17 other qualified firefighters, rescue a woman trapped in a collapsed mine shaft, resulting in her(wholly preventable) death.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-15776931
Feeling helpless when you genuinely are is one thing; being prevented from doing something you're qualified to do is quite another.