Hi there, so I am looking for a guitar. My budget is 800-900 euros. I usually play Metal, Progressive, more guitar centric stuff like Paul Gilbert or Petrucci. I was looking for an Ibanez (I dont mind other brands, is just that it might be easier to find one around here ) , but I am having some difficulty choosing a good one, so I was wondering if you guys could help me out.
I dont really care if it has a trem or not. The only thing I require are 24 frets and a "usual" shape (no Xyphos or Destroyers )
Thanks
Go for the RG1570. Good value, cheaper end prestige guitar. Good quality, great to play - may want to eventually swap the pickups to get a better sound out of it. I have no idea how much it would be near you though, you may well be able to get it cheap enough that you can afford some new pickups for it as well?
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Willing to go 2nd hand?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by VVolverin3
Go for the RG1570. Good value, cheaper end prestige guitar. Good quality, great to play - may want to eventually swap the pickups to get a better sound out of it. I have no idea how much it would be near you though, you may well be able to get it cheap enough that you can afford some new pickups for it as well?

Word, get a second hand 1570 for 6-700 dollars and put in some DiMarzios. You'll have a great axe.
Bollocks to an 1570.

He could easily get a 3XXX or even a used J Custom for just shy of 900 euros.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Hush Tom!! I don't know the value of guitars elsewhere.

Over here a 1570 retails around $1500 I think, give take a bit. Stupid aussie money.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀

Its alright dude.. I forgive you.

This time.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
i got a 3550mz for less than $700 that was sitting around at a GC. awesome guitar. if you are looking at a pristege i would recommend a 3XXX or higher. a 2XXX may be a little cheaper but the pickus will be crap while the 3XXX has dimarzios in it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Those RG 3xxx go for around 1700 euros around here , new, problem is I couldnt find no one selling them used (its a small country). I also looked around for 2xxx least I could find were 700 euros, used.
So , what do you guys think I should do?
Where do you live?

You could always buy one from another country and import it in. The beauty of ibanez top end guitars is they are so constant. Unless you buy from a con man, you should always get a good guitar.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I live in Portugal, but do you suggest buying used from another country or new? And which countries are you thinking about? (not many ship to Portugal)
So, I have been looking around the used guitars and these were what I found:
Iceman - 570 euros

RT 250 (I guess it is) MIJ - 290 euros

RG 7620 - 590 euros (I am not sure on buying a 7 string, I have really small hands, but I never had a problem with 6.)

2020x - Dimarzio tone zone and paf pro, says "restaured electronics" 850 euros

Universe 7 string - 750 euros

RG 527 R Limited, made in Japan (Fujigen) , pickups Seymour Duncan TB, 4STK, S2SH-1N , original edge - Asks for an offer

Rg570 (made in Japan) - 400 euros

Rg1620x - 700 euros

So what do you guys think? Any of these models would be a good buy? Or could I find better (new or used)? Keep in mind that I want a good guitar, something that after some time I wont think "Maybe I should have bought something else".
Thanks for your help
Last edited by ShockSplash at Nov 20, 2011,
Is is it only a good deal or also a good guitar? (It might sound silly, but sometimes there are guitar which are a steal but arent that amazing) And better than the other ones?
if it is an rg570 from the 90's then it should be made in japan, they are really good guitars like the lower end prestige we have now (think the rg1570). I assume you live in europe becasue you put the prices in euros, if i could find one at that price i would buy it immediately, but that is a matter of taste. You should at least play it for some minutes before you buy anything, so take your time and be sure you buy what really satisfies you.
Ha ha ... I sold it a few weeks ago

TS if you find one in the UK I would be more than happy to act as a go between to check its legit and posted safely to you. There a few very nice RG1570s and the like on eBay right now and a couple of higer end ones. there is also a blue RGA321 going for a pretty penny....

Pm me if you want any references or anything if your interested.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I just want to take this post to thank Tom, the Ibanez guru. He's the reason I have a prestige instead of a regular model because of his keen eBay skills. You're in good hands with him... Thanks tom...
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Nov 20, 2011,
Hahaha, yeah fundamental lesson: always listen to Tom.

The 2120x should be amazing. Has a piezo too - that's cool beans.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀