Okay so ive conjured up $3100 for my new amp. My heart was set on a Mesa Mark V, but by buying that and a cab would leave me pretty much broke. And i also really need an acoustic guitar and pedals.

I was looking at other amps and saw the Mesa Mini-Rectifier was only 999.99. By buying the head and cab i would still have enough for my acoustic, pedals, and still have a little left over.

The Mini Rectifier is lower wattage but would still be good for band practise and small shows + id have pretty much all my gear. But im uncertain on the sound of one as i have never played one. and also im worried i might have to buy a bigger amp a few years down the line.

The mark V i LOVE. Really hard to find a good tone and is a little complicated control wise, but when you manage to find it its sick! and i know i wouldnt have to worry about upgrading my amp any time soon. But the downside is i wouldnt have enough money for my other gear.

What would you do in my situation? and how is the Mini-Recrifier for those who have played it?
You could get a used Mark IV for about $1100, and a used Mesa 4x12 for $500. That leaves you with $1500 for an acoustic and pedals.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
A used Mark IV would probably get you there
...Free from it all...
...Breathe in the darkest fall...

...We laugh and cry though a brothers eyes for now...

I'm cool because I have lyrics in my sig.

You can call me Rob.
The thing that makes me erie of buying used is that if their is a problem ive got no warranty for it. What are peoples opinions on the Mini Rectifier?
oh oh oh!

buy the mini recto, the mini hughes kettner thing and a tiny terror and have a mini amps party!
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by FairyBoy423
The thing that makes me erie of buying used is that if their is a problem ive got no warranty for it. What are peoples opinions on the Mini Rectifier?

is small, yes?
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by joe_k
get a Klon. no matter what you are playing through it will magically make it awesome. so Klon + MG = awesome.

+1

Never have I heard such versatility in one little box
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
+1

Never have I heard such versatility in one little box

Aparently if you stack a Klon and a Langraff your knees can't take the amazingness and you tear both PCL's. And that's through an MG. Through a Dumble, you die.
IMHO, not trolling at all, if I had that money...

I would spend it all on one night on the town, doing all the drugs possible and paying multiple women to sleep with me. My goal of this, is that by the end of the night, I would have partied so hard, that I would never want to party ever again.

Thus, saving me money since I don't party anymore, and having more money for gear.

You know you want too.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
i would go after what your heart is set on, or you will justsell gear until you end up with the Mark V and having lost money in the process. also its a lot easier to cough $100-300 for a pedal than getting you enough money for the mark and cab.

or go mark IV.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Where are you located? You should be able to score a used Mark V and cab for around half your budget on ebay or craigs list.

EDIT:
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i would go after what your heart is set on, or you will justsell gear until you end up with the Mark V and having lost money in the process.

This so much. I learned that the hard way. I could have had really nice gear right now with all the money I've spent on shitty gear, trying to "get there" without spending the money. I wish I'd had UG all along to tell me to not make the retarded purchases I've made (in hindsight, of course).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Nov 18, 2011,
again to reiterate, get what you want with the money you have now. dont get a different amp and cab so you have money for pedals. $100-$300 for a pedal or too isn't all that hard to come up with (not for all of us, but is attainable if you want to save). $3100 usually would be a lot to cough up at a later date, or even a grand, and certainly would take longer.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/