Hey guys, just wondering if you could answer this question and clear something up for me.

I was wondering if there was some sort of system that can simultaneously switch my amp channel and turn my effects on/off at the same time? Had a brief look at the TC Electronic Nova system but the information wasn't the best and I wasn't sure if thats what i was looking for, as it talked about the built in effects rather than switching external effects/amps. So is there anything like this out there?

Thanks guys!
Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP LTD H-1001
Axe FX II
Blackstar S1-100 (selling)
Ovation Applause
Keeley modded TS-9
Boss NS-2 (selling)
The Boss Gt-10 has an amp control output. You can have your pedals in it's effect loop and program it to turn the loop off/on and switch amp channels simultaneously with one button. Pretty good unit, versatile.

Not sure about any stand alone pedals that will function that way.
wouldn't be too difficult to build.

consider: if you wire up a true bypass fx loop, with an led indicator it requires a 3pdt switch which is pretty easy to come by.

assuming your amp has a typical channel switch... if you want to go without an led indicator you could use that sm 3pdt to switch your amp and fx chain off/on simultaneously.
if you want led indication... you could buy a more rare 4pdt stomp, and this same action could be possible.

either way figure: box $12, 3pdt $5, 4pdt $12, led $1, led bezel $1, 5 quarter inch jacks $5, and some wire.

if your amp currently has a channel switch... you could take it apart and look... it's likely a 1pdt with two leads for channel switch. you could also dig up the schem and figure it out that way too.

I'd be happy to help you further if that's something your interested in doing...
Control the nova system with a midi controller, and stick a RJM Amp Gizmo midi controller in between. The Amp Gizmo switch practically any amp and as many channels by using 1/4" jacks, and the switching is controlled by midi.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by eyeofthestorm08
Hey guys, just wondering if you could answer this question and clear something up for me.

I was wondering if there was some sort of system that can simultaneously switch my amp channel and turn my effects on/off at the same time? Had a brief look at the TC Electronic Nova system but the information wasn't the best and I wasn't sure if thats what i was looking for, as it talked about the built in effects rather than switching external effects/amps. So is there anything like this out there?

Thanks guys!

I think the TC G-system can do it, has built in effects too. Not sure if you want to go the multi-effects route though. If you have single pedals you can try the Octa-Switch(limited in channel switching if you have a 4 channel amp, hard to do Midi) or the Gigrig Pro-14 which I have.
Gear:

ESP Horizon NT II
ESP Horizon NT 7
ESP Horizon FR II
if you are using individual stomp boxes go here:
http://www.loop-master.com/product_info.php?products_id=81
brightonion.com

bright onion should be able to build the same type switcher. you can use this if you amp uses a trs type channel switcher. if not u will need to go midi. but from what i looked up im pretty sure that your blackstar uses a trs style footswitch.

the boss gt10 can do it but i think for amp control it might need a midi box to control the inputs from pedal to amp.
the nova system can do it as well

i might see if i can get a mod's approval to create a sticky on this stuff.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Quote by Reincaster
Control the nova system with a midi controller, and stick a RJM Amp Gizmo midi controller in between. The Amp Gizmo switch practically any amp and as many channels by using 1/4" jacks, and the switching is controlled by midi.

This is what I use and it's the dog's B's.

Just depends on the amp you're using as to which version of the amp gizmo & it's custom cable you'd use. For example, for my mesa f-30, I had to buy the custom cable for the mesa f series.

It essentially allows any non-midi amp to be switched by midi from a multi effects unit - i.e. my boss gt-3.
TC Ellis Custom Series 2
Gibson Les Paul Studio Platinum edition

Korg Pitchblack, Vox V847 wah
Blackstar HT40