Are Zildjian cymbal packs a good investment for a drumkit that has no cymbals at all yet? I like the sound of the cymbals on them, but would it be a better idea to buy separate cymbals in your opinion?

Thanks guys.
Quote by Victory2134
You're just so energetic and cute. Exactly what I want in a pet squirrel, except you're a person.

I kindly ask you to correct my grammar. And also to smile.
Depends on what you need really.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, so why buy a new pack if you already like your cymbals (Thinking about it, I know why for me haha).

But yeah, generally they are a good investment, and buying cymbals separately doesn't hurt either depending on what you want to get.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Depends on the cymbal pack and what you want.

I bought a (used) Zildjian A Custom pack when I upgraded my kit, and I quickly found that I didn't like the small crash because it was too bright, I didn't like the hi-hats because they were super clanky and I didn't like the ride because it was harsh in the highs and the bell was too high pitched. I still have the 16" crash and use it as my main crash and absolutely LOVE that cymbal, and have since bought a 17" A Custom to go with it, but I replaced all the rest of them with cymbals I'm far more happy with.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
If you're really looking for specific sounds in each cymbal, buy them separately. Never buy a cymbal without hearing it first. If you're not too picky and not buying top of the line products, buying a pack is no problem. The companies who make them match the contents sonically (or so they say) so that you get complimentary combinations between each cymbal. The most important things to match are the hi-hats and the ride IMO, so if you're looking at a package with both, make sure they sound good together and if they don't, buy one separately.

Good luck and happy drumming.
i mix a few meinl with a few Zildjian A's, seems to sound pretty nice. i really like the 13" Zildjain hats i have, i like the 22" "A" ride, i like meinl soundcaster crashes better though.

i am in need of a ton of other stuff, or i would totally go nuts and buy $2k cymbals for my two kits. i need to put a basic recording rig together and a mid-large PA, as well as about another thousand on two pedals and tubes.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/