Hey GB&C, I'm having trouble tracking down anyone that supplies slanted humbuckers for multi-scale builds. I don't want to go down the "buy an active or blade style 7-string pickup and slant it" to cover the string area because 1) I don't want actives and 2) a slanted full 7 on a 6 string looks like an "accident" and/or poor planning.

Anyone know of a supplier? There's basically only two thoughts I have left, and that's get them custom built by a small shop, or just buck up and start winding my own pickups, which is something I've been meaning to do, but would rather not "risk" my ineptitude/inexperience making pickups on the particular build I have in mind.

Thoughts?
Couldn't you just rout the body slanted and just use normal pickups?
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Nighthawks have slanted pick-ups. I thought Seymour Duncan made replacements for them.
Quote by stonyman65
Couldn't you just rout the body slanted and just use normal pickups?

You can only do that on Blade-Style pickups, which are usually active, and if you bothered to read the TS, you would've seen that he didn't want it that way.

TS, you could get 2 single coils and wire them to become humbuckers. I'm sure you could order Dimarzio single coils without the extra bump at the bottom so that they look like they're connected together.

I also heard that Vintage Vibe does custom pickups. FredtheShred got one from them IIRC.
SD makes slanted humbuckers for Gibson Nighthawks. I think they do a 59 and a JB.

You could email most custom pickup winders and see if they could make a slanted humbucker to your specs, though customs are pricey.
I can tell you Bare Knuckle and Lundgren apparently don't do it. Guitar Logistics LLC makes multi-scale pickups, but they're expensive. Oni guitars makes them as well. Apparently you can order them custom-made from Nordstrand, but I didn't see anything on their website about it.
Quote by Seref
SD makes slanted humbuckers for Gibson Nighthawks. I think they do a 59 and a JB

Those Duncans are slanted in the "wrong" direction for a multi scale, unless I wanted to install them backwards and scuff off the logo....which is a legitimate possibility.

Are the coils the same on those Duncan pickups, i.e. would the tone be changed very dramatically by installing them backwards?

Quote by Syriel
TS, you could get 2 single coils and wire them to become humbuckers. I'm sure you could order Dimarzio single coils without the extra bump at the bottom so that they look like they're connected together.

I've heard of wiring two single coils together, but didn't like the idea since I'd have little idea of what the final product would sound like, especially since no single coil was ever really designed for a partner. The other idea I had plays on this theme though: why not buy a normal humbucker, take it apart, and mount the coils as needed on a baseplate of my own making?

Haha, the more I think about ideas like that the more I realize I really just need to
Quote by Jason Jillard
BUCK UP.

and start winding my own pickups...just need more monies.