I have one of the first generation Valvetronix amps, an AD50VT212, and I've been trying to find the instructions for the FX loop mod that exists somewhere, or if someone knows offhand how I would go about doing that.
Also I would appreciate suggestions for new speakers to replace the stock ones. I play blues to classic rock type stuff.
Lastly, I was wondering whether experimenting with putting two different models of speakers together in the amp would be worth my time. Would they complement each other, creating a glorious new sound, or create a muddy monstrosity of incompatible tones?
Edit: Looking to spend less than $200 combined on the replacement speakers if possible.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
Last edited by mesopatamius at Nov 17, 2011,
Not sure about the loop - sorry, have heard of the mod...
EDIT: try these links - Loop Mod
YouTube Clip

New speakers? Try Celestions. Ensure theyhave adequate rating so as not to blow.

Using two different speaker would entirely depend upon the speakers themselves. There is a possibility of phase issue, although it's not too likely. I build a cab one with a Celestion 10" and some no-brand 15" for a stoner-rock thing a mate was doing and it was a little hit and miss (we tried three fairly cheap 15" speakers before getting one that had enough cut).
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Last edited by Slap-happy at Nov 17, 2011,
Quote by Slap-happy
Not sure about the loop - sorry, have heard of the mod...
EDIT: try these links - Loop Mod
YouTube Clip

New speakers? Try Celestions. Ensure theyhave adequate rating so as not to blow.

Using two different speaker would entirely depend upon the speakers themselves. There is a possibility of phase issue, although it's not too likely. I build a cab one with a Celestion 10" and some no-brand 15" for a stoner-rock thing a mate was doing and it was a little hit and miss (we tried three fairly cheap 15" speakers before getting one that had enough cut).

Much obliged for the links.
I know they need to match the impedance of the amp, obviously, and have similar sensitivities so one doesn't drown out the other. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for specific models of speakers, either a pair of the same or two different kinds that complement each other.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this