Page 1 of 2
Here's the link: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/284426/EU-says-water-is-not-healthy

Either Ashton Kutcher has gone to extreme lengths to punk the world, or everything I know is wrong. There is no in between.

WTF
*2007 join date crew*
*DIRTY SOUTH CREW*
*Goes to the strip club in basketball shorts crew*
*Reservations for the drive-thru crew*
*Swims with shoes on crew*
*6'4 5% striated crew*
It could be worse. We could claim pizza is a vegetable.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

That article reads in a very upset way, I think they have some interest in selling us water as a hydrative substance

Quote by Trowzaa

Oh everywhere else in the world, you so crazy

*Notices the government in this country is almost certain to win the election*

**** this shit

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
Last edited by that guy again at Nov 18, 2011,
I want to read the study, not the news articles. Science is peer edited and reviewed.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by Trowzaa

I have eaten pizza with vegetables on it. I have never drank water that I thought wasn't hydrating.
*2007 join date crew*
*DIRTY SOUTH CREW*
*6'4 5% striated crew*
Can we have a link from a legitimate source?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
If this is actually true, and actual, factual scientists actually declared this, then I'm declaring the EU stupider than the US.

Pizza being a vegetable is stupid, sure, but claiming water, fucking H20, doesn't necessarily rehydrate, is just retarded.
I am trying to find a link to the study but so far I can't. The article just came out today, which in my timezone has only been an hour and a half long. I am sure there is more to come.
*2007 join date crew*
*DIRTY SOUTH CREW*
*6'4 5% striated crew*
Quote by CoreysMonster
If this is actually true, and actual, factual scientists actually declared this, then I'm declaring the EU stupider than the US.

Pizza being a vegetable is stupid, sure, but claiming water, fucking H20, doesn't necessarily rehydrate, is just retarded.

Rubbing it on your car doesn't hydrate you.
WTF?! A lot of people must have been paid off by the cola companies to come to that conclusion.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Would you say the scientists are wrong if they can back it up?

Not saying I don't agree with you though. Although I think this is just as bad as pizza being a vegetable.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
"It took the 21 scientists on the panel three years of analysis into the link between water and dehydration to come to their extraordinary conclusion."

EU taxpayers need their money back.
Quote by Zanon
It's a sad day in 2011

It's only 2009 bro. Everybody is still listening to 'Like a G6' and loving Obama
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Would you say the scientists are wrong if they can back it up?

It doesn't matter, because I can already guess what they actually discovered:

"Certain brands of bottled water don't contain enough of chemical X to rehydrate as well as other brands"

The fact that 21 fucking scientists were paid to discover this, on taxpayer money, is what infuriates me the most.

Quote by captaincrunk
Rubbing it on your car doesn't hydrate you.

To be fair, it doesn't replace the electrolytes you lose, so technically water alone doesn't rehydrate you. It's why endurance athletes can die to water intoxication, they feel dehydrated so drink water but because they're low on electrolytes it doesn't help and they end up dying.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by devourke
It's only 2009 bro. Everybody is still listening to 'Like a G6' and loving Obama

Great, now that song is stuck in my head. And the only part I know is the chorus. Which is really annoying.

OP: I guess we'll have to change the definitions of some words, since the word 'hydrating' pretty much means 'filling/imbuing with water.'
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by jambi_mantra
To be fair, it doesn't replace the electrolytes you lose, so technically water alone doesn't rehydrate you. It's why endurance athletes can die to water intoxication, they feel dehydrated so drink water but because they're low on electrolytes it doesn't help and they end up dying.

I think you are seriously confused about what hydration is.
Quote by devourke

That song was still on the charts last year.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by kaptkegan
Great, now that song is stuck in my head. And the only part I know is the chorus. Which is really annoying.

OP: I guess we'll have to change the definitions of some words, since the word 'hydrating' pretty much means 'filling/imbuing with water.'

FEELIN' SO FLY LIKE A G6, LIKE A G6, NOW WE'RE FEELIN' SO FLY LIKE A G6

Quote by jambi_mantra

I lolled at how abruptly that ended.

Quote by kaptkegan

Poppin' bottles in the ice.
Like a blizzard.
When we drink we do it right gettin' slizzard,
Sippin' slizzurp in my ride, in my ride,
Like three six.
Now I'm feeling so fly like a G6.

Gimme dat mo- moet (No clue what this is)
Gimme dat crys- crystal
Gurl I keep it gangsta

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Quote by stealstrings
That song was still on the charts last year.

Yeah but oh shi- I think I might have got my years wrong. I'm bad at pop things.

Quote by Trowzaa
FEELIN' SO FLY LIKE A G6, LIKE A G6, NOW WE'RE FEELIN' SO FLY LIKE A G6

Quote by Trowzaa
NOW WE'RE FEELIN' SO FLY LIKE A G6

Quote by Trowzaa
WE'RE

Quote by Trowzaa
WE'RE

ಠ_ಠ
Last edited by devourke at Nov 18, 2011,
Quote by CoreysMonster
It doesn't matter, because I can already guess what they actually discovered:

"Certain brands of bottled water don't contain enough of chemical X to rehydrate as well as other brands"

The fact that 21 fucking scientists were paid to discover this, on taxpayer money, is what infuriates me the most.

I feel I need to probe you further. This is obviously quite ridiculous but for some reason I want to see your reaction to the ridiculous.

What if water wasn't hydrating Corey?

WHAT IF?!
Quote by devourke
I lolled at how abruptly that ended.

Poppin' bottles in the ice.
Like a blizzard.
When we drink we do it right gettin' slizzard,
Sippin' slizzurp in my ride, in my ride,
Like three six.
Now I'm feeling so fly like a G6.

Gimme dat mo- moet (No clue what this is)
Gimme dat crys- crystal
Gurl I keep it gangsta

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Yeah but oh shi- I think I might have got my years wrong. I'm bad at pop things.

ಠ_ಠ

Oh bollocks.
It's 8:18am, I haven't slept, leave me be.

Quote by FlashNinja
I feel I need to probe you further. This is obviously quite ridiculous but for some reason I want to see your reaction to the ridiculous.

What if water wasn't hydrating Corey?

WHAT IF?!

Then why can I survive a week without drinking anything other than bottled water?
Quote by Trowzaa
Oh bollocks.
It's 8:18am, I haven't slept, leave me be.

It's ok bro, without people like you, there would be no such thing as cool.

subtle burn
Quote by CoreysMonster
Then why can I survive a week without drinking anything other than bottled water?

You've just wrinkled my brain, man.

Quote by CoreysMonster

It seems ambiguous from the article, but I don't think they were saying water doesn't rehydrate you, but rather it is not the best method of rehydrating. That said to spend three years researching this for no purpose other than to invalidate a marketing slogan is retarded.
Quote by RU Experienced?
It seems ambiguous from the article, but I don't think they were saying water doesn't rehydrate you, but rather it is not the best method of rehydrating. That said to spend three years researching this for no purpose other than to invalidate a marketing slogan is retarded.

This is the EU bureaucracy, the same guys who declared carrots fruits and passed a law that disallowed selling bananas that were too bent. They've got plenty of experience with doing completely inane things.
It's true, water has no electrolytes. You need to replenish your electrolytes to perform at your best. Even something like apple juice, you can tell it has some electrolytes but not nearly enough. Now drink some Gatorade and you can immediately tell, this stuff has lots of electrolytes. At least 20per gulp.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's true, water has no electrolytes. You need to replenish your electrolytes to perform at your best. Even something like apple juice, you can tell it has some electrolytes but not nearly enough. Now drink some Gatorade and you can immediately tell, this stuff has lots of electrolytes. At least 20per gulp.

They did not need 21 scientists to prove this.
Pretty sure the article only says drinking plain water isn't the best way to dehydrate, not that it doesn't. Since dehydration is mostly caused by the loss of body fluids, which loss is unlikely to happen as a loss of pure water alone, I can see their point.
They seriously need to let me in on how they got the grant money for this!

I also want a three year holiday because they spent 45 minutes writing that review, 35 minutes of which was spent furiously jacking off to their grant money funded dehydrated prostitutes.
Stop reading the fucking Express.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by Trowzaa

V8 is just liquid pizza
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Page 1 of 2