Page 1 of 4
So for those of you over 20, do you ever stop and think that now you're at the age that you used to think was awesome? You used to think that being an adult would solve all your problems, and that adults always knew the answers to fucking everything.

But now you've reached a point in your life where you realise "Wait, I'm an adult now! WTF! I don't have a clue about anything! How do I know if what I'm doing is right??"

I've been on these forums since I was a teenager, and I've changed a LOT since joining. I've gone through bad times, good times, and other times. But I think there was a very distinct time that caused me to immediately grow from being a kid to being an old guy, and that was leaving home and being thrown into the world of adults, where it's either fight or die.

So I ask of you other dudes out there, at what point did you realise you weren't a kid anymore, but one of the old guys?
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Nov 18, 2011,
When the neo-Puritans in this county got me legally barred from going near the all girls' high school.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
When the neo-Puritans in this county got me legally barred from going near the all girls' high school.

You mean the CDU? >_>
I don't really feel old unless I'm around high schoolers or people who's first main console was an Xbox. I'm scared as shit to turn 20, though.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Could be worse, though. At least your not an old, used up, menapausal woman.

I know a girl that went all grey at 17 and dyes her hair now. She's a wreck.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

im 18 but i feel quite old...it smostly tat i work movoed out...was too poor and had to move back in but i still help with bills dont worry im not a mooch
damn college got really expensive
but shit
i feel so old compared to how i felt just 6 months ago
Last edited by supersac at Nov 18, 2011,
Quote by MakinLattes
We're the same age, dude. Don't call me old.

Face the truth, Druzzy, you know it to be true.

EDIT: you are now realising that young people know Darth Vader only from this scene.

Last edited by CoreysMonster at Nov 18, 2011,
I'm 16 and I think adults have less of a clue than us teenagers do. I just think people who blurt out the line "Giving up on your dreams is part of growing up" are ridiculous. It doesn't have to be.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Nov 18, 2011,
Quote by CoreysMonster
You mean the CDU? >_>

I see they've been hassling you too.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by That Old Geezer
16, the usernames just for fun

I always thought you were like 40 or something and then you go and spin this on me. Now I feel old
Quote by MH400
20 in a couple of months.

Scary shit.

Same here bro. Slightly worried....
Pittsburgh Penguins: 46-22-6
Quote by devourke
I always thought you were like 40 or something and then you go and spin this on me. Now I feel old

My real birth date is on my profile so it was no big secret.
Quote by That Old Geezer
My real birth date is on my profile so it was no big secret.

As if I actually go on to other people's profiles.

They come to me

in very small numbers
The moment I went to a show at one of my favorite venues and found myself hanging around the bar, looking at all the young kids, some not older than 15 with huge gauges and other strange piercings. My friends and I were being very critical of the scene and then I turn to them and procalim "Dude, why are we acting like old people". This happend last week and it was very sad.
Quote by celticstorm84
endless supply of cats = endless supply of food.

Quote by Calibos
I've also noticed that as i've got older, I want to be further and further away from the front at a gig. Damn kids with their mushy pits and walls of doom.
Quote by m3tal_R3dn3ck
The moment I went to a show at one of my favorite venues and found myself hanging around the bar, looking at all the young kids, some not older than 15 with huge gauges and other strange piercings. My friends and I were being very critical of the scene and then I turn to them and procalim "Dude, why are we acting like old people". This happend last week and it was very sad.

i do this every time i go to a show

i do this at school

i do this everywhere

Calm down everyone. You're not old until you let yourself be old. It doesn't matter if you have 2 kids, back pain, and drink scotch and soda with breakfast. If you can still make poop jokes you'll be young forever.

Also, I know personally, that in 5 years, I'll be saying, "man I thought I knew it all when I was 20." This goes for everyone who's saying they feel like they're going to have it figured out soon. The social anxiety and stress doesn't go away, it just gets easier to cope with.

/rant
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
I say things like, "Kids these days..." and "Damn kids!" frequently.

You may be right, Dyan.
we never have it figured out, man

everything always changes

we will always look back on our past selves and say "wow, i was a complete and total ignorant dumbass with unrealistic thoughts and ideologies"
Quote by kaptkegan
/rant

I have to go to the chiropractor every few weeks and poop jokes make me frusterated.

Is there really hope?
Quote by celticstorm84

Quote by Calibos
I've also noticed that as i've got older, I want to be further and further away from the front at a gig. Damn kids with their mushy pits and walls of doom.
I've always been an old man. I was a dirty old man for a brief period in my late teens, but for the majority of my life, I've been a grumpy old man, wantin' them damn kids to get the Sam Hill off my lawn.
Quote by m3tal_R3dn3ck
I have to go to the chiropractor every few weeks and poop jokes make me frusterated.

Is there really hope?

well, you misspelled "frustrated," which is a somewhat childish mistake

unless you spelled it like that to emphasize a specific pronunciation, in which case, there is no hope
Quote by aCloudConnected
well, you misspelled "frustrated," which is a somewhat childish mistake

unless you spelled it like that to emphasize a specific pronunciation, in which case, there is no hope

I obviusly iliterate... soo I ges dat anzerz mi qweston?
Quote by celticstorm84

Quote by Calibos
i dropped out of school 4 months ago and all my friends are graduating tonight all their facebook states make me feel old
Quote by m3tal_R3dn3ck

Is there really hope?

clearly you are hearing all the wrong poop jokes.
language
jazyk
kieli
язык
العربية

My Tumblr: Lots of artist recommendations, album reviews, and ideas about music (as well as some film and bike stuff).

Go Sharks! Go Wings! Go Flyers! Go Kings!
Quote by kaptkegan
clearly you are hearing all the wrong poop jokes.

I say yes to the last word in your sig
Page 1 of 4