Awesome, right?! The wife wants to rock out with her co... nevermind.

Anyway, I'm looking at a guitar in the $300 dollar range for her. She knows some chords and a few songs, so she's not an absolute beginner. Here are they two I'm looking at:

Ibanez RG321

Jackson Dinky JS32RT

We can't go out and play the Dinky because the shops around here don't carry Jackson. The Ibanez seems pretty solid. I'm going to get her playing some metal/hard rock rhythm, while I practice on some lead.

I will be sure to have her play some others in the price range. She likes the Ibanez look. She digs the Jackson headstock.
I'd just head off to your nearest decent guitar shop and try some out. Don't wanna go and buy something that feels horrible in her hands.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
buy her anything she wants, i'd love to have my wife want to play guitar
Quote by DBz Hertz
Awesome, right?! The wife wants to rock out with her co... nevermind.

well she could jam out with her clam out.

i subscribe to the "hard tail" for beginners theory. have her try a bunch and see what feels best to her.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Now that's an awesome wife. Mine just complains that I'm too loud while she's trying to sleep, even when I'm unplugged and in the living room.
I tend to agree with some of the others above. Take her to a shop that carries as many brands as possible and let her do some blind taste tests. The size of her hands and what necks "fit" are probably the biggest thing to consider. But I do know looks sell -- hell, if looks get guys to buy I can only imagine how big of an issue it is for women.

So yeah, try them on for size and see what feels good in her hands & which feel good on her body (she might want something contoured like a Strat if the body digs into her forearm...)
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Quote by richardlpalmer

So yeah, try them on for size and see what feels good in her hands & which feel good on her body

Quote by coolstoryangus

Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Quote by gregs1020
well she could jam out with her clam out.

i subscribe to the "hard tail" for beginners theory. have her try a bunch and see what feels best to her.

I'd rather chill out with my dill out.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
I'd rather chill out with my dill out.

I'd prefer to hang out with my wang out.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
I bought my wife a Baby Taylor on Tuesday night. They sound amazing for being a small scale guitar and I think they fit women wonderfully as they can sometimes have stuff in the way. Certainly pick it up before you buy as it would totally freak me out to get this in the mail if I'd never seen it in person before, ha! I would highly recommend looking into this one. In your price range too!

http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/Baby-Taylor/BT1/
Quote by bpdeem
I bought my wife a Baby Taylor on Tuesday night. They sound amazing for being a small scale guitar and I think they fit women wonderfully as they can sometimes have stuff in the way. Certainly pick it up before you buy as it would totally freak me out to get this in the mail if I'd never seen it in person before, ha! I would highly recommend looking into this one. In your price range too!

http://www.taylorguitars.com/guitars/Baby-Taylor/BT1/

Gtfo the electric guitar forum with your "acoustic" nonsense!!!