Hey guys, I've spotted some new X series Jackson's on the website. I'm loving the look of the King V with the EMG 81's and 85's? Does anyone know anything about them or has played one of them?

And if you have how would one compare to my RR3?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
they're not MIJ as far as i'm aware
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
They're not?

What are they?
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
india? not certain, actually. but not mij.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well the other JS series before that are quite awesome for the money, so these are I'm sure even better, look very impressive. Especially for the price, havn't played one yet though.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Taken from the Jackson forums, allegedly by a "Jackson HQ Moderator/Emissary":

Quote by Jackson Guitars

These guitars are not made in Japan, but are made at other factories in and around Asia and the Near-East, that have “mucho” experience in building Jackson models, and understand that these guitars need to have “mojo”. ‘Nuff said.

What a joke.

They don't even want to say exactly where they're built, even when directly asked the question.

ahahahahah
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think the real story is that they were somehow able to locate all of the factories that make counterfeits of their high-end models and instead of suing them, they thought "Hey, let's just make a deal with these guys, and sell their counterfeits as a new series for twice the price! We can give it a cool name too!... I know, the 'X' series, cause 'X' is a cool letter, right?"

Really, there's too much Chinese guitar shit on the market these days.
I have an old Jackson Charvel which I love. I picked up a new Jackson V in a store last month and could not believe how uncomfortable if felt. It would have felt beter if there was barbed wire wrapped around the neck. Every fret seemed to cut at my fingers.
Yes, the new X series are Made at HMI in India, the factory that makes the JS models, and made the earlier X series before they switched it to Japan. They have maple neck through and basswood body wings, and the neck through section is thicker than usual, as can be seen in this picture of one of the natural finish models -

*PICTURE*

The best guess we have is that they're aware that people often report problems with the Floyd Rose studs shifting in the softer basswood, so they've made sure that they're mounted into the maple instead. This probably also ensures that the maple will dominate the tone, tempered slightly by the basswood wings.

General consensus among the Jackson fans who've gotten hold of them is that they're great players for the price, and only need one or two hardware upgrades to be really nice guitars. Here's a review from one of the JCF guys that goes into detail on the X series soloist he's just picked up -

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/124690-NGD-Jackson-Soloist-SLXT
Last edited by Confuse-a-Cat at Nov 20, 2011,
holy shit that's bright green. even by my standards.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yeah the passive EMG's are a joke.

Was planning on either getting one of those KVXMG's or a BC Rich JR V7.

Still undecided as yet.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100