Page 1 of 2
Okay so yesterday during my wood shop class (yes those still exist), me and few pals were sitting down at out table. To give you an idea of who our instructor is, he's an old guy, about 65ish years old and he was in the Army. I can't remember exactly which war he fought in, but he's been through some shit.

Anyway, we're all just sitting around talking and whatever, and this guy comes in and starts messing with him (not in a negative way, just making jokes and whatever) and suddenly he says something along the lines of ''Hey, aren't you one of those old army dudes with PTSD cause of the war and stuff?'' Everybody started laughing, but I thought it was pretty disrespectful. Talking about his days in the army is one thing, but telling a man straight up that he probably has PTSD from seeing some shit has to be well...a big no no right?

He didn't seem too troubled by it, but I did notice he was pretty quiet afterward. Usually he's very talkative but he just seemed tired and uninterested after that. So pit, was that disrespectful of the kid to ask him that, or not?
pinga
Well it's not something I'd want to talk about with a veteran.
And if I'd been in a war, I don't think I'd want to talk about it, especially with obnoxious little pricks like that guy sounds.
He probably wasn't offended, just holding his tongue.
I have always thought it was rude to ask veterans about their experiences during a war (unless they are close, but I still don't talk about it that much with my grandpa). If they want to share, then they will.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Incredibly, I'm sure it stirred up some bad memories, what a prick. Same to everyone that laughed.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
I doubt your friend was the first idiot kid to say something stupid to him. He probably doesn't care.
I think he needs a good ol' kick in the face.
this is my signature, and it's purple in bold, you can't do anything about it.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Beat the shit outta that guy.

Agreed. That veteran deserves respect, firstly if he wants to talk about his war experiences he will on his own terms and secondly that is no way to go about it. What an arse.
Gibson Les Paul Std HB
Fender MIM telecaster MW
Epiphone ZW Les Paul
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
MXR ZW-44
Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Relay G30

www.myspace.com/arovidia

Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.
Whoa, just to clarify, this guy is NOT my friend. He's just some dude who walked in.

Also, it seems like the pit agrees with me. It's just the way he said it that bothers me, that's surely no way to talk to a veteran.
pinga
He should have called him a baby killer and murderer. Shit would have got fucking hilarious.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by happytimeharry
Yeah, it was definitely disrespectful. Your shop teacher should have pulled a Clint.

+1000000000000000000
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by happytimeharry
Yeah, it was definitely disrespectful. Your shop teacher should have pulled a Clint.

This.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
did you know that the barnacle has a relatively extraordinary penis size
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
did you know that the barnacle has a relatively extraordinary penis size

Quote by Jackal58
He should have called him a baby killer and murderer. Shit would have got fucking hilarious.

This.

But OT,
(Invalid img)

Quote by JustRooster
PTSD is hilarious, you guys need to lighten up.

My dad made a PTSD joke the other day because we heard about 30 different helicopters throughout the day. He was in the services so I guess he can say whatever?
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Let the kid go into combat... see how shitty it is.

I don't know if he got pissed off, but I am.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by Jackal58

Put down the beer. Do it...

OT: The kid who said that was a douchebag. He should apologize to your teacher. The teacher serves our country honorably and he gets insulted by some li'l twit who hasn't even graduated high school. Yeah, your teacher is owed an apology.
What I'm more concerned about is the collection of scumbags who found it funny enough to laugh.

Seriously, that's digusting.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by bluekirby7
My dad made a PTSD joke the other day because we heard about 30 different helicopters throughout the day. He was in the services so I guess he can say whatever?

If he can joke about his own experiences then sure, that's a coping mechanism.

But you don't just ask someone if they have a debilitating, stigmatized, and possibly embarrassing mental disorder that's sparked by shit they went through. Let alone someone who was probably forced to go through it and may well have disagreed with every step (I'm thinking 65 = Vietnam). Some of those guys were traumatized by the experience, others what they saw, and still others what they did. You don't want to be reminded that you were the guy who ordered napalm attacks.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay so yesterday during my wood shop class (yes those still exist), me and few pals were sitting down at out table. To give you an idea of who our instructor is, he's an old guy, about 65ish years old and he was in the Army. I can't remember exactly which war he fought in, but he's been through some shit.

Anyway, we're all just sitting around talking and whatever, and this guy comes in and starts messing with him (not in a negative way, just making jokes and whatever) and suddenly he says something along the lines of ''Hey, aren't you one of those old army dudes with PTSD cause of the war and stuff?'' Everybody started laughing, but I thought it was pretty disrespectful. Talking about his days in the army is one thing, but telling a man straight up that he probably has PTSD from seeing some shit has to be well...a big no no right?

He didn't seem too troubled by it, but I did notice he was pretty quiet afterward. Usually he's very talkative but he just seemed tired and uninterested after that. So pit, was that disrespectful of the kid to ask him that, or not?

Old man should've kicked the little **** in his vienna
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Put down the beer. Do it...

OT: The kid who said that was a douchebag. He should apologize to your teacher. The teacher serves our country honorably and he gets insulted by some li'l twit who hasn't even graduated high school. Yeah, your teacher is owed an apology.

Kiss my ass. That's what I was called repeatedly in the 80s. And shit got hilarious.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Kiss my ass. That's what I was called repeatedly in the 80s. And shit got hilarious.

I respect you Jackal.
That is incredibly disrespectful, if I saw someone do that I would have told him to shut the fuck up.
You should've went after that guy with whatever high powered wood working tool was nearest. Preferably a saw of some sort
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I just felt bad for the guy. I've heard he's had a damn grenade thrown at him, and one side of his face is burnt, so I can only imagine how that happened. He doesn't deserve that shit.
pinga
Quote by BeefWellington
What I'm more concerned about is the collection of scumbags who found it funny enough to laugh.

Seriously, that's digusting.

This.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Page 1 of 2