Looking to buy my first acoustic. Ive been playing for over 8years and i consider myself an advanced guitarist but thats debatable i guess lol. im willing to throw down about 500-800ish (the less the better). Ive been looking at brands such as takimine, washburn, a low end martin or taylor (could be anything as long as it sounds good). i dont know too much about acoustics so i need some help. I pefer acoustic electric, it HAS to have a cut away, HASSSSS to have very low action and a nice low end as well high end. a nice finish would be nice too. if you could just throw some models my way thatd be awesome.

-brian
Check out Crafter. My main acoustic is their JE18, and I absolutely love it. It sounds great, plays really well and I've had it several years, gigged it dozens of times and it's never let me down.

Should be well within your budget and fits your description perfectly - good action, cutaway, electrocoustic.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
the thing with crafter is thats its not a big name so it will most likly not be at guitarcenter or w.e. and id pefer to play before i pay.. ive made that mistake maaaannyyy mannnnyyy times before but ill check em out thanks
Not a pro on acoustics, but I have a washburn, and it's amazing. It cost me only ~300$, but it's a fantastic guitar. Washburn won't be a letdown. Check it out in my pictures.
i'm gonna get murdered for this but me do prefer me ovations! a 2078lx or even a 1778tx would sound good. 1778tx's have a great lower end but dont give up on the highs. if your looking to play a lot of modern stuff your gonna need the strong low end. stay away from most of the lower end korean crap(thank you fender). a mid depth or deep back soounds great. the shallows are rather tinny unless plugged in. the op-pro series electronics are great and have built in tuners. i have 2 taylors but the O's have better electronics than taylor's expressions systems. they also have great finishes that you don't see on "normal" style dreads. lyrachord bodies are virtually indestructible, no worries about belt scratches.
ive played some O's before and they sound pretty good. but they look really weird lol. i think its just gonna come down to when i go to guitar center (which i go alooot) and what guitar i fall in love with. i played a 300$ish washburn there once and LOVEEED it but then i come back a week later and its gone. oh well =/
Quote by besure917
Looking to buy my first acoustic. Ive been playing for over 8years and i consider myself an advanced guitarist but thats debatable i guess lol. im willing to throw down about 500-800ish (the less the better). Ive been looking at brands such as takimine, washburn, a low end martin or taylor (could be anything as long as it sounds good). i dont know too much about acoustics so i need some help. I pefer acoustic electric, it HAS to have a cut away, HASSSSS to have very low action and a nice low end as well high end. a nice finish would be nice too. if you could just throw some models my way thatd be awesome.

-brian

Lol no. 500-800ish sounds decent. Anything less would probably suck, like my FG700S -_-'
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"
Quote by besure917
the thing with crafter is thats its not a big name so it will most likly not be at guitarcenter or w.e. and id pefer to play before i pay.. ive made that mistake maaaannyyy mannnnyyy times before but ill check em out thanks

Really? In the UK (well, my part of the UK at least...) they're available in pretty much every guitar shop I've been to!!

Obviously no idea how available they are internationally, but I've seen them used by enough people to assume they're reasonably well distributed.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
about your washburn.... pretty sure they'll order you one or it's been restocked already. no guitar centers or large music shops where i live in upstate NY. i envy you that. i gotta take a 5 1/2 hr. drive to NYC.
I'm kinda in the same situation as besure 917. It seems like Seagulls are a good brand for this price range. Are they any good?
“It’s been very important throughout my career that I’ve met all the guys I’ve copied, because at each stage they’ve said, "Don’t play like me, play like you.”
Eric Clapton

Most Epic Build!