Is there a huge difference between the valvetronix vt and vt+ series other than the presets? Someone is willing to sell me a vt30 with the vox VFS5 4 channel footswitch for $140. I don't know if I should go with that or go with the vt40+. I've tried out the 40+ at Guitar Center and it was pretty sweet, but I'd like to pay less than $250. Anyone have experiences with both?
Quote by rcr5035
Is there a huge difference between the valvetronix vt and vt+ series other than the presets? Someone is willing to sell me a vt30 with the vox VFS5 4 channel footswitch for $140. I don't know if I should go with that or go with the vt40+. I've tried out the 40+ at Guitar Center and it was pretty sweet, but I'd like to pay less than $250. Anyone have experiences with both?

Sorry, I don't have experience with either, but I'll still see if I can help. So, you've tried the 40+ and it seems like you have an opportunity to try the VT30. Let your ears decide. And when it comes to money, remember you get what you pay for (I've learned this the hard way). So, if your ears tell you, for example, the 40+, maybe just use a little extra money to get that.

Good luck!
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
1967 -- 2001
I own a VT30 and I've played a 40+. If you're saving $100, got with the VT30, there's not too big of a difference and I actually like some of the presets on the 30 more.