Page 1 of 2
More people need to listen to this band, they're name is fun., so start . If you already do then you get a stamp of awesomeness from me. This is what got me into them http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qMXBUjm8tM&ob=av2e it's snazzy. So let this thread be for discussing all things fun. (the band not things that are fun, god the name causes so much confusion New album comes out Febuary 22nd, pumped they joined FBR. I saw them live and they were fantastic. Anyway, discuss.
Got tickets to see them on 4/20! Super pumped, I saw them open for Paramore and The Swellers at the FBR 15th Anniversary thingermajighamapoop and I was kind of disappointed they only played about 5 songs (We Are Young, Walking The Dog, One Foot, At Least I'm Not As Sad (As I Use To Be), Carry On, and Barlights) okay so 6 songs. Anyway, I thought they were great but whenever I see a live video Nate doesn't sound to great, but when you're there he sounds incredible for whatever reason. So yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I still haven't fell in love with We Are Young yet but I love One Foot so I'm looking forward to Some Nights
Quote by goldmember1217
Don't know them very well but if I hear that "We Are Young" song one more time, blood will be shed

Have they been playing it? I knew it was on Glee and a commercial but I haven't heard it on a radio or anything. Don't let that song turn you off, it's not that great. Especially compared to The Gambler, Why Am I The One, Some Nights, Be Calm, and pretty much every other song they've done.

Do we have a Format thread here?
I've mainly been hearing it from some commercial and friends telling me to listen to them recently, the hype has definitely been with them the past month or so. I'm happy for them though, cause apparently one of the members was in Anathallo (who ruled) so I'm glad he's finding success elsewhere.
Quote by goldmember1217
I've mainly been hearing it from some commercial and friends telling me to listen to them recently, the hype has definitely been with them the past month or so. I'm happy for them though, cause apparently one of the members was in Anathallo (who ruled) so I'm glad he's finding success elsewhere.

Yeah it's their keyboardist, Steel Train's guitarist, and the singer for Format I think. Listen to their first album, it's much more in the Anthollo/Steel Train veign. The new album is much poppier
Quote by rockfan7
Got tickets to see them on 4/20!

In Rochester? I'm going to that show too!

I've been a fan since Aim & Ignite, but I adore Some Nights. I'm glad they're finding success.
Quote by chriscobonham
In Rochester? I'm going to that show too!

I've been a fan since Aim & Ignite, but I adore Some Nights. I'm glad they're finding success.

Yeah! I'm so pumped! And a week from that I get to see La Dispute. Good times.
I really think this album is pop perfection.
I wrote a song about war...
The kind that lives in your head.
Speaking as an advocate of autotune usage, Nate really has no reason to use it on his voice

He's a brilliant singer, and it just kind of doesn't work
Quote by TheReverend724
Speaking as an advocate of autotune usage, Nate really has no reason to use it on his voice

He's a brilliant singer, and it just kind of doesn't work

Well it's pretty obvious it is artistic choice, because he's got a voice of a thousand angels. I didn't like it at first but when I heard "Stars" it turned me around, especially when they bend the pitch and vocode it, that was pretty cool, kind of reminded me of MBDTF which is a good thing. I don't think Stars would of worked as well without it, and it doesn't feel like a crutch because of the amazing vocals he does before that so it feels like a effect and they use it well I still feel like it wasn't really necessary in Some Nights, but it's only a little part. It is pop perfection, I agree.
I agree on the pop perfection sentiment. And I can deal with the Auto-Tune, MDBTF actually turned me around on that issue, but honestly Stars was a big turn off for me :/ the only song I didn't love on the whole record.
Quote by TheReverend724
Aim and Ignite is so rad

Love Nate, he's a boss

Thank you.

OT: I love fun., I'm glad they're commercially successful as well as actually good.
you're a stone fox
no idea these guys had caught on until recently. saw them a few years ago and their on the spot cover of rocket man won me over. haven't heard any recent tunes though. any good?
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
Quote by jiminizzle
no idea these guys had caught on until recently. saw them a few years ago and their on the spot cover of rocket man won me over. haven't heard any recent tunes though. any good?

Yes. Check out "Why Am I The One" and "Some Nights". the album is very Elton John esque now that I think about it.
Raging right now. My girlfriend was supposed to buy the tickets to the show in Rochester like, three weeks ago, and I've been consistently on her ass about it (i don't have any kind of card so I can't do it online). Tickets are now sold out. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Quote by chriscobonham
Raging right now. My girlfriend was supposed to buy the tickets to the show in Rochester like, three weeks ago, and I've been consistently on her ass about it (i don't have any kind of card so I can't do it online). Tickets are now sold out. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I bought them the first day they went up Tickets are sold out? I'm gonna have to get there early. But last time I saw Manchester Orchestra there I showed up 40 minutes before the doors open and got front row I'll drive by and see around 4 I guess.
Yeah, I tried to get her to buy them right away, but alas, it didn't work out. I saw Against Me! there last June and they still had tickets at the door. Somehow, this one sold out. I blame Glee.
Quote by chriscobonham
Yeah, I tried to get her to buy them right away, but alas, it didn't work out. I saw Against Me! there last June and they still had tickets at the door. Somehow, this one sold out. I blame Glee.

I think the car commercial was what did it honestly, that's when it got #1 on iTunes.
Either way, if you know anybody who bought tickets and might be willing to part ways with them, could you PM me or something? I saw that they were playing in Clifton Parks (which is very slightly closer to where I live than Rochester)...but that's on the day that I'm in my school's play so I raged even harder.
Quote by chriscobonham
Either way, if you know anybody who bought tickets and might be willing to part ways with them, could you PM me or something? I saw that they were playing in Clifton Parks (which is very slightly closer to where I live than Rochester)...but that's on the day that I'm in my school's play so I raged even harder.

No I'm the only one around here who likes fun. I'm going with my brother who goes to RIT You're out of luck in less you can find someone selling them, sucks man
Some Nights is a solid album, I love it, but, Aim & Ignite is perfect front to back or back to front. My favorite songs are from it as well (The Gambler, Be Calm, I Wanna Be the One) and I love the Some Nights Intro and the title track and of course I like We Are Young, its catchy and, well, fun. But Fun. is an amazing band I can't wait for their concert at The Pageant, soldout house it's going to be awesome.
When is that? If it's before 4/20 post the set list:p I'm still not entirely sure who is opening..
1. One Foot
2. Walking the Dog
3. All the Pretty Girls
4. Why Am I the Only One
5. It Gets Better
6. Barlights
7. All Alone
8. The Gambler
9. Carry On
10. Some Nights Intro
11. Some Nights
12. We Are Young
13. At Least I'm Not As Sad (As I Used to Be)

Encore
14. All Alright
15. Take Your Time (Coming Home)
Quote by rockfan7
When is that? If it's before 4/20 post the set list:p I'm still not entirely sure who is opening..

June 7th St. louis at The Pageant. They've alternated Be Calm and The Gambler some nights (no pun intended), and some they do both. I'm hoping they play both at The Pageant, those are easily my two favorite Fun. songs.
I am so happy they are playing Why Am I The One, my favorite off the new album. I'd be really happy with either The Gambler or Be Calm so no complaints. Wished theyd play Roman Candle though..
I love I Wanna Be the One, such a great song, but my night would be complete with The Gambler and Be Calm. I cant wait to see them.
Still mad about the 4/20 show being sold out
But I've recently fallen in love with All Alright, has anyone else been really digging that song lately?
Quote by WCPhils
My prayers are with you and your balls TS

Quote by jetfuel495
I ran out of chicken nuggets.

When will this misery end.
Page 1 of 2