Okay, so I'm planning on buying a new head quite soon, and I'm wondering how to run them in stereo.

It's come to my understanding that I can take a cable from the direct out of my 333xl and put it in the input the other head. Then have them both connected to mycab. Is this correct?

I know there's other ways, but this seems the simplest/most cost effective way.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
yeah, that'd work, but you should go the whole nine yards. get another cab and run them through an effects processor that has two inputs. you'd get a screamin sound outta that brah.
Quote by BeastModeEngage

It's come to my understanding that I can take a cable from the direct out of my 333xl and put it in the input the other head. Then have them both connected to mycab. Is this correct?

Don't do that

Does your cab have 2 inputs?
Lol what?
Who told you to do the output thing>?

If you're going to be running them in stereo then you're gonna need another cab
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus
Ibanez Ergodyne
Black Market Custom cab
Quote by me
your cab looks to be a bugera 4x12 (based on gear in sig). this cab allows for a stereo setup. you'll need to flip the switch in the back to 'Stereo' and plug both heads into that cabinet using the respective Left/Right inputs. now this is IMPORTANT, the specs on your cabinet change when in 'Stereo' mode and you'll need to set you amps output to 8 ohms (or use the 8 ohm output on the amp) to safely match the cab to heads.

no one caught that huh. damn. that is my bad. hope ya see that.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Nov 21, 2011,
except for Gumbi, this thread is full of fail.

listen to Gumbi.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by mjones1992
yeah, that'd work, but you should go the whole nine yards.

how's the coke treatin' ya?
+1 to gumbi

i have run stereo two different ways and may be trying it a third.

the first way was to take a cab wire the speakers in an "X" pattern with the top left connecting to the bottom right and vice versa. i used Vintage 30's for the Nitro, and K100's for the Promod. this was in a mesa cab. so that way each amp is hooked to two speakers. make sure to select the right impedence on your heads, and that the two speakers can handle the wattage of the amp.

the second way is to use two different cabinets. simple. one on the left one on the right, maybe one a little bit more to the center. this is the true way to do it, but it requires hauling a lot of gear and not too many sound guys like to be staring down at two 4x12"s... lol.

the third way, (which i haven't tried yet) i am currently drawing up. i am consider building a cab that the left is angled from the right. i am thinking around 30*. ii could either isolate either side, or i could just have it all go together. i am thinking about it, but it would be harder to transport and about $80-$120 in wood (i only use baltic birch), and have built quite a few cabs, so i may give this a thought. **if anybody wants to add a thought about this, you are welcome to.**
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
@tlfu: that cab exists... can't remember who makes it, but that concept is present, l/r angled just as the top/bottom of a slant 412.

if you diy, which would be awesome btw, take careful measurements of the space inside ithe cab, as it'll probably have an even greater impact than on a normal 412 in regards to speaker choice... this is assuming you design a closedback cab.
Quote by GrisKy
@tlfu: that cab exists... can't remember who makes it, but that concept is present, l/r angled just as the top/bottom of a slant 412.

if you diy, which would be awesome btw, take careful measurements of the space inside ithe cab, as it'll probably have an even greater impact than on a normal 412 in regards to speaker choice... this is assuming you design a closedback cab.

i am sure it has been out there somewhere. that is one thing that is making me kind of leery about it. if it was great, wouldn't you see a little bit more of it out there? i don't really know.

closed back for sure, run t/s ideals for every cab i build for a few different speakers that may go in there and take a careful middle ground so i have flexibility.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
eh, maybe it just looks too unconventional for most?
i personally thought it looked kinda' cool, but i like to mix'n'match speakers, prob a very bad cab for that
Hey sorry guys, I kinda forgot I posted this. Yes my cab has two inputs. It's got a mono/stereo switch. 8ohms for stereo, 16 for mono. I know all that, I just mainly wondering if my direct out method would work.

Thanks for all the responses though!

Quote by gumbilicious
even if a cab has "2-Inputs", it doesn't mean it can take two guitar heads plugged into it. sometimes the "2-Inputs" are just wired together in parallel, sometimes they are wired to mono/stereo operation... depends

your cab looks to be a bugera 4x12 (based on gear in sig). this cab allows for a stereo setup. you'll need to flip the switch in the back to 'Mono' and plug both heads into that cabinet using the respective Left/Right inputs. now this is IMPORTANT, the specs on your cabinet change when in 'Stereo' mode and you'll need to set you amps output to 8 ohms (or use the 8 ohm output on the amp) to safely match the cab to heads.

now i am gonna get all high and mighty cuz i have a stereo-setup fetish. IMO, using a stereo cab is almost useless. sure you do get 2 amps sounds, and possibly 2 different speakers may be in the cab, but there is no separation. a stereo field is defined by the separation of the stereo sources relative to the observer... and a cabinet with the stereo speakers right next to each other will sound like it is coming from the same source when standing only a few feet away from it (let alone further away)... hence it won't sound stereo, it will sound mono.

this basically means you will be getting some of the benefits of a stereo setup, but you'll also be losing the 'spatial' aspect of the stereo field, which is a big loss IMO.

i prefer to run a stereo setup with one cab on either end of the stage, choosing a setup so the projection path of the cabs intersect somewhere in the middle of the crowd. big sound.

Also, thank you, you were a great help. Me and my other guitarist are planning on both getting 2x12's along with our 4x12's.

So we each have a 2x12 underneath our 4x12's with the other guitarist's head powering the 4x12. If that makes sense?
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
Last edited by BeastModeEngage at Nov 20, 2011,