my band is going to play in a little pub here in my town but they wont pay us anything, of course the boss tell us to bring people to make money... what do you think?
If you enjoy playing, then do it. Good publicity, and the feeling of playing live is amazing.
I would say so, yes. It's fun, you get experience... . If it bothers you so much, pretend it's a charity gig or something .
This will start a RIOT! in me
Nah, if you can't make money out of music you shouldn't play.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Depends on whether you have a reputation or not. If you virtually nobody knows who you are, then yeah, it would be worth it to do free concerts. And since you're asking for opinions on it, I'm going to assume you're a new band, so yeah, do some to get your name out there.

Remember, you're just a product to them, and if you demand payment, they'll just find some other unknown band out there to play for them. You have to get a reputation first.
It's a good way to get your name out there. Who knows, maybe you'll draw a big enough crowd that the owner will pay you for future shows.

Money isn't everything. Don't waste an opportunity just because you aren't getting paid.
Quote by benedicto16
my band is going to play in a little pub here in my town but they wont pay us anything, of course the boss tell us to bring people to make money... what do you think?

The pub owner is trying to do your pathetic ass a favor.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by JDizzle787
and THIS guy has never been in a band.

Do it. You'll play for free a lot, so get it out of the way.

I'm in a band right now.

And oh you dropped this.

You can hear my band's music on my profile.
Any chance to get your name out there and impress people who may pay you is a good gig. Do it.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
do you have the gear to play live? if you do, do it.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by benedicto16

I don't work for free personally.

However, can you get a paying gig?

If not then do it its the only chance your ass is going to get to get on stage.
If you have to ask then you're probably in the position where you need to play for free here and there. Do it man.
Grammar Nazi.
Who gets paid to play?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
If you have to ask the question whether to play music live with your band or not you probably aren't that fond of your music/playing live and therefore you shouldn't.
Let another band who'd beg to play for free play. They'll do it better.
Quote by element4433
Who gets paid to play?
I do. Not always but my band has a regular paying gig and on occasion we make money when we play different bars.

Do the gig. I don't know how many times my band has played for free only to get another show (sometimes paying) from a random person at the bar. We got hooked up for a show for a crowd of over 3,000 people all because we impressed someone at a wedding (that we played for free food) who had connections.
what is money
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
When you're in a small time band then you're going to need to play for free quite a lot. Don't turn down gigs if they're for free because then you'll turn down the majority of your gigs and get nowhere. Don't expect big payment either if you do get paid.
Quote by neidnarb11890
] Making money is for people who like to eat and have a place to live and buy shit they like.

Fixed that for you.
Saint Louis Blues
Last edited by The Picker at Nov 18, 2011,
I play for free constantly. Why? its fun and we actually draw a crowd. We do get paid a small amount at bars/venues usually though, but that only cos we can draw a guaranteed 20+ people
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by Firenze
what is money

im 12 n wat is this
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
of course, spread yur name and play your best

personally when i think "bar"i think old lonly white men for some reason though