Evening everyone, right i've got a big muff, phaser, flanger, etc. etc. I run it all through a Marshall MA50C, but i know Corgan ran his sound through an '84 JCM800 with KT88's. My question is would it be worth it just buying a JCM 800 or going for something heavier like an Uberschall or a Diezel Herbert?

Cheers.
this is a personal taste thing here. if i had such particular goals, i would try gear out... but a KT88 loaded JCM800, a diezel, or ubershall will be hard to find at a normal guitar shop.

saying that, i would start by picking up an old JCM800 and seeing if it fit my needs, they are easily the most affordable amp you mentioned and the most easily attained.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
this is a personal taste thing here. if i had such particular goals, i would try gear out... but a KT88 loaded JCM800, a diezel, or ubershall will be hard to find at a normal guitar shop.

saying that, i would start by picking up an old JCM800 and seeing if it fit my needs, they are easily the most affordable amp you mentioned and the most easily attained.

^ I agree

I'd definitely pick up a JCM800 and see if it fits your needs. Furthermore, as has been stated, it is the most affordable (by far) of all your options that you've listed.
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
1967 -- 2001
this is his rig now.

corgon used a jcm800 for like a second if that.

most of mcis was recorded on mesas.

gish might have been the only one using marshalls and fenders.

by adore and machina there's no marshalls in sight anywhere.

a haze is definitely barking up the wrong tree and a jcm800 isn't gonna get you much closer.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Corgan used the modded JCM800 predominantly in the Gish - Siamese Dream - Mellon Collie days. The primary axe was a Lace Sensor loaded Strat (red in the bridge). The Big Muff became an integral part of the sound starting with Siamese Dream. However, he also used a TON of outboard rack gear--his signal chain was very elaborate.

During the Machina days, he started using the Diezel VH4 along with SG's, Les Pauls, and ES's and got a MUCH different tone. Again, very elaborate outboard setup was involved.

He's using a dual amp setup since the reunion. Bogners paired with VH4's. He also uses a very unique sounding signature set of DiMarzio humbuckers in a Strat. He occasionally uses a Schecter too. And once again, there is outboard gear out the ass.

His sound has changed a lot over the years, so it depends on what you are trying to nail down.
Quote by Dwyer92
Right, i'll try to get a cheapish JCM 800 then, cheers guys.

Good choice. Played a modded 800 in my old band Judgment Hammer and it was amazing.
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
1967 -- 2001
there's a trirec on mcis too. so like there.

also you need a full set of church bells for siamese dream.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer