I have a show tomorrow and need some quick help with getting my guitar put together

I have an american tele and for now I just have a stock humbucker pickup from a peavey exp guitar. Im trying to just hook up this straight pickup to the outputjack, no other pickups, no volume knobs and no tone knobs. I just prefer it this way.

I have a stereo output jack with 3 solder spots on it. and the pickup has a bare wire, red, black, white, and green. I have done what this website says: http://www.guitar-repairs.co.uk/guit...lour_codes.htm and connected green/white and red/black and connected those to one of the solder spots on the output jack and then I have connected the unshielded to another solder point and also wired that to the bridge itself for ground. I am still getting an unbelievable amount of buzz (which goes away when i touch the bridge or anything) Please help Im in a super big hurry and this is really irratating me!!
LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Marshall JCM 900 Hi Gain
Basson 4x12
Linear Power Booster
NS-2
Tu-2
i think you just need the green wire from the pickup. the red/white is for coil tapping which you arent doing.
What about the black?
LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Marshall JCM 900 Hi Gain
Basson 4x12
Linear Power Booster
NS-2
Tu-2
Try Red to the tip of the jack, Bare and Black to the ground lug of the jack and green and white soldered and taped together. I haven't found a whole lot on the Peavey PUPs.

Also, run your ground wire from the bridge to the ground lug as well.

That color scheme is from the Peavey listing on the Seymour Duncan cross-reference chart.
Last edited by poppameth at Nov 19, 2011,
Poppameth this may have worked. theres still a little bit of buzz but the buzz is not affected by touching any of the metal on the guitar. let me string it up and see if this is doing the trick.
LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Marshall JCM 900 Hi Gain
Basson 4x12
Linear Power Booster
NS-2
Tu-2
No luck
LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Marshall JCM 900 Hi Gain
Basson 4x12
Linear Power Booster
NS-2
Tu-2
This sounds very good indeed. Looking forward to take part of the news in the upcoming release.

Diablo 3 Gold
Diablo 3 Accounts
Diablo 3 News
Samick 5 string
Rogue 6 string
Jasmine S-35
Rogue Dreadnought
Peavey Bandit 112
Peavey Backstage Plus
Digitech RP500
Dunlop 105Q
EHX Bass Big Muff
Hmm didnt work last night so I went to bed frustrated (as i had worked on this for over 4 hours with no luck) and came in this morning, plugged it in and it works fine. strangest thing ever. Thanks though!!!
LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Marshall JCM 900 Hi Gain
Basson 4x12
Linear Power Booster
NS-2
Tu-2