So, jackson was bought by fender lately. But, when i was looking at fender american strat, a possible site update's traces attracked my attention. On the models section, I saw dinky, rhoads, etc., the jackson models were on fender's site. Yet when i clicked tere weren't the guitars yet. Maybe they'll just put the guitars on fender website. But, I am worried if they are going to use the models in name of fender ( i mean writing fender on headstock) and making them at America. So, do you guys have any idea about it?
My web search didn't give me any ideas. The thing is, if you are gonna put a guitar in your website, it must carry then name of your company. Fender has already has a cheap version, which is squire, so why buy jackson?
I thought Fender already owned Jackson? I bought an amp over the summer and they had a list of other companies they owned. Jackson was one, as well as the aforementioned Gretsh, and Charvel.
I'm not sure what you ran into. I just checked the Fender site and don't see any mention of any other brand on their Products drop-down (except Squier, which is called out). I clicked on their "Our Other Brands" link in the Products drop-down and it went to this page: http://www.fender.com/other_brands.php. Clicking on Jackson opened another window to a completely different site...

You must have caught a glitch while someone was working on the site or something like that.
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Even if they do incorporate Jackson guitars into their website I don't think it will make much of a difference. They're definitely not going to start writing Fender on the headstock.
as with many mergers of this type, they will most likely not change much from what youre used to. fender will probably let jackson operate and create guitars the same way. Really, all these brands have a different specialty... Fender makes the classic style rock/blues/funk styled guitars, Gretsch makes hollowbody guitars, jackson makes metal and heavy music guitars, and squier is just a cheap version of the fender guitars. Charvel was actually bought by the man who founded Jackson guitars, but came before jackson guitars was founded. so im guessing that they are a part of jackson, which is part of fender.. lol.
old news.

fender owns hamer, kramer, jackson, charvel, gretsch, ovation

bunch of other things.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
old news.

bunch of other things.

Read the ful sentence. Everyone talks like i don't know it. The matter isn't that dude. Check the link. Jackson models are on website of Fender. This is the real matter.
umm so? they are made by fender.

not a real matter.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Fender also owns: Jackson, Charvel, Olympia, Orpheum, Tacoma Guitars (based in Seattle, WA), Squier and Brand X amps. The Californian guitar giant has recently purchased Kaman Music Corporation, which owns Ovation acoustic guitars, LP and Toca hand percussion products, Gibraltar Hardware, Genz Benz Amplification, Hamer Guitars and is the exclusive U.S. sales representative for Sabian Cymbals and exclusive worldwide distributor of Takamine Guitars and Gretsch Drums.

I Love the Internet..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by AcousticMirror
old news.

bunch of other things.

Gibson owns kramer
Quote by coolstoryangus
Gibson owns kramer

LOL.. Corporations buy out the competition all the time...

Chrysler bought Mercedes and Ford bought Jaguar (although I don't know if thats still the case)... It happens..

I heard a rumor back in the 80's that either Fender tried a takeover of Gibson, or vise versa... not sure if it was true or not..

In 1969 Gibson parent Chicago Musical Instruments was taken over by a South American brewing conglomerate, E.C.L but in 1986 it was bought by Henry E. Juszkiewicz, David H. Berryman, and Gary A. Zebrowski, the current president and CEO of the company, 3 months before it was going to go out of business.

Not sure who owns the company makes a huge difference in a brand that is taken over. If Jackson was selling a quality product before Fender bought the company, Fender wouldn't change much if anything, except of course where the profit checks are sent..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Last edited by Papabear505 at Nov 19, 2011,
Quote by Mohican
I thought Fender already owned Jackson? I bought an amp over the summer and they had a list of other companies they owned. Jackson was one, as well as the aforementioned Gretsh, and Charvel.

they do..they may be merging the main webpage though...

Quote by Papabear505
LOL.. Corporations buy out the competition all the time...

Chrysler bought Mercedes and Ford bought Jaguar (although I don't know if thats still the case)... It happens..

I heard a rumor back in the 80's that either Fender tried a takeover of Gibson, or vise versa... not sure if it was true or not..

In 1969 Gibson parent Chicago Musical Instruments was taken over by a South American brewing conglomerate, E.C.L but in 1986 it was bought by Henry E. Juszkiewicz, David H. Berryman, and Gary A. Zebrowski, the current president and CEO of the company, 3 months before it was going to go out of business.

Not sure who owns the company makes a huge difference in a brand that is taken over. If Jackson was selling a quality product before Fender bought the company, Fender wouldn't change much if anything, except of course where the profit checks are sent..

No, I don't think so..
But you were right about Jaguar/ford, but ford sold them off...
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Last edited by Controlpanel at Nov 19, 2011,
Quote by Controlpanel
they do..they may be merging the main webpage though...

No, I don't think so..
But you were right about Jaguar/ford, but ford sold them off...

Yep.. You're right, I had it backwards.. Daimler Benz aquired Chrysler.. in 1998. They formed a Joint Ventureship in 1998 but through a stock swap, Benz aquired Chrysler then sold them off in 2007...
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by cemges
http://www.fender.com/en-TR/products/search.php?partno=0110100700
Check the link, see Dinky, rhoads, soloist, nashwille etc on top?

Yup, I definitely see it now AND the message it returns when clicking on it. Looks to me like you're right -- it's either an error they're there or they haven't populated the pages for them yet...
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
fender are probably just putting all their products across all the brands they own on the same website, not just fender models... no big deal.

if they do start putting the fender logo on jackson models, though, what difference does it make? they probably won't simply because it could get a bit confusing, if there was a fender rhoads V shape guitar and a piano called a fender rhodes
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I haven't seen any Fender Billy Bos, or Fender acoustics with that stupid bowl on the back so I doubt that we'll be seeing a Fender Dinky any time soon.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by yngwie ripoff
yea I thought this was pretty old news

+1

This is old news, like 20+ years ago.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
I still don't think everyone's on the same page with the OP. He was talking about a website glitch (links are there but no pages exist), not the fact that Fender bought Jackson...
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
Quote by cemges
So, jackson was bought by fender lately.

If by lately you mean 9 years ago, yes.
Quote by cemges
But, when i was looking at fender american strat, a possible site update's traces attracked my attention. On the models section, I saw dinky, rhoads, etc., the jackson models were on fender's site. Yet when i clicked tere weren't the guitars yet. Maybe they'll just put the guitars on fender website.

It happens. Gibson lists Epiphone and Kramer on their website under the electric guitar section as well. It's good exposure for their subsidiaries (companies they partially or wholly own).
Quote by cemges

But, I am worried if they are going to use the models in name of fender ( i mean writing fender on headstock) and making them at America.

Jackson already makes guitars in America, and I don't see what's bad about that. And if Fender started putting Fender on the headstocks of Jackson guitars, that would effectively be the end of Jackson guitars. A lot of people would be upset, and they would lose a lot of loyal customers. Long story short, it's a better business move to just leave Jackson as an "independent" subsidiary company, and I doubt it will change. Even if Fender will/already does have their fingers deep inside Jackson's business, they'll still keep Jackson guitars as Jackson guitars.
Quote by cemges

My web search didn't give me any ideas. The thing is, if you are gonna put a guitar in your website, it must carry then name of your company. Fender has already has a cheap version, which is squire, so why buy jackson?

Jackson isn't a "cheap version" of anything. Squier is Fender's way of making cheaper guitars geared to a younger/beginner audience. Jackson is a separate brand of guitars, which is geared largely toward people who play hard rock, metal, etc.

It happens more than you probably know in the business world. Examples have been given, but some that may surprise you are like:

- Pepsi owns Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, KFC, A&W, and more.
- Guitar Center (or its parent company) owns Planet Waves, Laguna guitars, I think Raven amplifiers, Delta Labs pedals, and if I'm not mistaken, Live Wire cables.

Basically what happens is a company isn't making enough money, and the owner needs to sell it. Another company sees an opportunity to make money, buys the other company, feeds money into it, revives it, maybe changes it a bit, and they generate some extra cash flow.