Hey Guys!

I'm beginning to fall in love with the idea of adding another guitar to my collection. I normally play Strats and Teles as my electrics and i got my (awesome) Takamine EG-341SC as my only acoustic. I've been playing for a couple of years and i think i'm pretty good at it.

To be honest i don't have as much knowledge about acoustics as i have about electrics, so i thought this would be the right place to ask for help.

I got aproximately 1000$ at my disposal. For that amount i was hoping to find a great acoustic/electric dreadnought guitar. Since i live in a relatively small city in Denmark i don't have the greatest possibilities of going to a guitar store to try out lots of guitars. I'm pretty open to new ideas, but i still do have a few "rules". I would prefer a brand that is known for quality. The guitar MUST have a nice pickup system. Tuners/EQ or not doesn't matter. It must be a Dreadnought shape (i would prefer no cutaway, but if the guitar is great then it doesn't matter). I would prefer not to get an Ibanez or a Fender.

Thanks
No gear.. Just tits.. And some gear.. Mostly Fenders.. And tits.. A Takamine acoustic.. An Orange tube amp.. A shitty Fender amp.. AND TITS! And a big fuckload of pedals that i don't know how to use..
I would recommend checking out some of the Canadian Acoustics such as Seagulls and Simon and Patricks. With a budget of $1000 you could certainly get a higher end one of them. They are lovely sounding guitars and well made although if you play Strat's and Tele's you may find the neck on the Seagull a bit too chunky for your liking.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
Gibsons I've always found are a good bet on Acoustics. I also play Strats for electric, and I know that you probably hate the thick necks on Gibson electrics, but I've found that they make their acoustic necks much thinner, and they're pretty easy to play. and also check out Breedloves. I remember really liking those last time I was at the guitar store.

Edit: +1 on the Seagulls. My best friend has one. fantastic guitar.
that amount opens up a lot of possibilities.with such a large investment like that, i would take the extra time to find a large music shop( i drive 5 1/2 hrs to get to one). and play all of your choices. none of us here can ever tell you what you like. i myself prefer taylors and ovations. so i would naturally tell you to buy those. so many great brands and choices with your budget. its a tough one.
Taylor 210 hands down, amazing guitar for about 800 bucks. Played one over at GC and i was in love haha i decided on a much cheaper Mitchell because i only had about 400 bucks but that taylor will forever be the one that got away. Taylor never disappoints!
^ Agreed but i would say look into taylor's guitar shapes. I have a 114ce (Grand Auditorium i believe) that i absolutly love, ill take this body shape over a dreadnaught anyday. Its worth any trip to confirm whether its the guitar you want.

Mine came with a aftermarket tkl hardcase for 600.
Last edited by pdjr1991 at Dec 1, 2011,
Quote by pdjr1991
^ Agreed but i would say look into taylor's guitar shapes. I have a 114ce (Grand Auditorium i believe) that i absolutly love, ill take this body shape over a dreadnaught anyday. Its worth any trip to confirm whether its the guitar you want.

Mine came with a aftermarket tkl hardcase for 600.

You sir know good acoustics lol i like the 114CE better myself, i'm a sucker for the auditorium style body haha. Its a matter of taste i suppose but you get the advantage of a cutaway and in my opinion it has a better balance in general, plays amazing with rich harmonics all around. I tried Both of these taylors at GC along with a 314CE, and i must say, ill take the 114 over both anyday pretty nice price tag also in comparison