i believe the schooling system is massively flawed.
in the new ask Obama white house petition i made this, and truly believe it could help our failing school system. If you have the time, i would appreciate the read.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/review-state-education-system-and-take-serious-consideration-voucher-system-students/ZQSfZlY3

if you agree pass it on to people you know, ask them to do the same.
Quote by Dirge Humani
The president doesn't make laws or legislation.

He does sign them though.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by devourke
So sorry guys, I got lost on my way to the New Zealand thread

You can new zealand my thread with your mouth. The School system is "flawed" for a reason, you know. It is designed to funnel people into the military.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
Quote by ripple07
You can new zealand my thread with your mouth. The School system is "flawed" for a reason, you know. It is designed to funnel people into the military.

I don't think our school system is flawed. Nothing will ever be perfect, and I'm from Georgia, ranked at or near bottom of the education charts in the us. I've always been extremely successful academically, even I'm college, well outperforming exchange students from the 35+ countries our school is partnered with. It's all individual. What you put in is what you get out.
Online petitions don't actually do anything as far as I know.
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
Quote by DoGaLoG
Online petitions don't actually do anything as far as I know.

They are so useless they can't even do Ts's mum. But seriously, nothing can be done, Ts.
Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
I can sign this petition... as a recent graduate of high school, I can say the school system is deeply flawed. Teachers know they are protected by unions and dont have to work to keep their jobs. I had teachers that didnt show up to class half the time, or teachers that played movies for us everyday, or teachers that let us play games all period. I can count the good teachers that I have had in high school on one hand, yet my school still has the title of California Distinguished High School.
Lol vouchers. No thanks.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I'm not signing your petition for two reasons.

1. There have already been massive cuts on education. While I agree that throwing money at schools isn't the way to solve our education system, it also won't be solved by cutting money. The problem is much more complex than just a money issue.

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that you're suggesting some kind of free market private schooling system where those who can afford to pay it will get to learn while those who can't afford it get nothing. My issue with this is that education is a basic human necessity that everyone should have access to. By cutting the poor out of the education system you would only be further widening the income gap between rich and poor.
1998 Ibanez Prestige S2540
2005 Ibanez RG570
Bugera 333XL 212 Combo
Education is a state issue brah.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
too far gone
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
The biggest flaw in US schooling system is that I can't afford to pay min. 20k a year just to go to college. I mean...what's up with that? No wonder that there are so many americans with only high school degree. Which on the other hand isn't that bad at all. In Slovenia we have a problem with too many college graduates and PhDs. You're less likely to get a job with a PhD or a college degree than with a high school diploma. Cause you know...nobody wants to work their ass off and get less than the country pays you if you're job less.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
The biggest flaw in US schooling system is that I can't afford to pay min. 20k a year just to go to college. I mean...what's up with that? No wonder that there are so many americans with only high school degree. Which on the other hand isn't that bad at all. In Slovenia we have a problem with too many college graduates and PhDs. You're less likely to get a job with a PhD or a college degree than with a high school diploma. Cause you know...nobody wants to work their ass off and get less than the country pays you if you're job less.

Ahoy, neighbour! Kako kej?

OT: What my fellow Slovene mentioned is a good point. While I think our free schooling system is better than a payable one, there are some issues. One of the biggest ones is the rise of studenes with college diplomas while the amount of people with a high school education is falling.
However, I would still rather support a free or low-cost system since denying education to those who can't afforod it is fundamentally wrong.
I'm not sure about the state of the U.S. Schooling system but from what I've heard your public schools are horrible and your private ones are so expensive that they are unreachable to a great amount of people.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by JamSessionFreak
I'm not sure about the state of the U.S. Schooling system but from what I've heard your public schools are horrible and your private ones are so expensive that they are unreachable to a great amount of people.

In America, at least in California, it's all about the school district in the public education system. We have Academic Performance Indexes for rating schools, especially high schools, and it's competitive within good school districts by their lonesome, good school districts competing with other neighboring good school districts, and good school disctricts motivating other neighboring bad school districts to do better.

Regardless, like you said, it's all up to the individual.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie

lol
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by darkstar2466
In America, at least in California, it's all about the school district in the public education system. We have Academic Performance Indexes for rating schools, especially high schools, and it's competitive within good school districts by their lonesome, good school districts competing with other neighboring good school districts, and good school disctricts motivating other neighboring bad school districts to do better.

Regardless, like you said, it's all up to the individual.

But does it actually work out. You just gave me a column from a textbook, basically, but what I'm wondering is 'Does this system really work out?'.
Do public schools actually reach a certain amount of quality that would be satisfactory or is it just a '50 shit-but-free schools and 2 great-but-expensive-as-hell schools' situation.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo

Moardor signatures gotta drop or this sucka aint makin that deadline.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie