Hello! So I'm the guy that had that band name debate thing. Our band is now (permanently) Exiled From Eden (and not Deathmachine called teddybear). Yesturday we played our first gig at this youth house place. Its just a place where the youth goes and chills out. It went very well, surprisingly.

So we have another gig coming up 7.12 at a same kind of place, but at a different location. Now I'm just wondering about getting gigs. Our band memebers ages are the following. 1 18-year old, 1 17-year old, 2 16-year olds and 2 15-year olds. I really just don't know where else could minors play. Money is not a relevant question yet, but if it is someday, then where the hell could minors play and possibly get paid?

Just to mention, we play metalcore (I guess). Not that kind of breakdown 24/7 stuff, but yeah, metalcore kind of music. Someone could say that this is melodic death metal. Oh yeah and we are an originals band. Currently we got about 10 originals.

So where should we go looking in order to get gigs?

Thanks!
-Jonathan
Idk how it's at your place but my band played at pretty much every rock bar around when I was still a minor.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Where in Finland do you live? Many bands played bars before being 18. I just depends on what bar you're calling. I couldn't mix my friends gig in Hamina 'cause I was minor, but then again in Kokkola my friends 16-18 play bar shows all the time. So it really depends on the venue.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Google that shit. also, make phone calls. Try bars, coffee houses, etc. Do you have a local paper? I know here in Columbus we have like 3 and one of them has a section on upcoming shows and has a nice big list of all the places you can go for live entertainment. I don't know how things work where you're from, but almost all the bars on our college campus allow local bands, regardless of age, perform as long as they can sell x amount of tickets, and whatever they sell beyond that is profit for the band (on the flip-side, if you undersell, you owe the bar money.) Also look for advertisements for Battle of the Bands type stuff in your area. Listen to the radio, a lot of times they'll have little tidbits on local opportunities and stuff. But I'll reiterate my most important point: MAKE PHONE CALLS. Your very best bet is to just ask everywhere you can.
Quote by henrihell
Where in Finland do you live? Many bands played bars before being 18. I just depends on what bar you're calling. I couldn't mix my friends gig in Hamina 'cause I was minor, but then again in Kokkola my friends 16-18 play bar shows all the time. So it really depends on the venue.

Espoossa sitä asustellaan No puolet on Vantaalta oikeestaan, joten pk-seutu on kohdealue.

I've just been wondering about stuff like that. Rock bars, coffee shops... I mean, would people really enjoy a metalcore band (or any relatively heavy) in places like those? But yeah, definately keeping the phonecall thing in mind.
No one mostly gives a crap whether you're minors or not unless you look like .. minors
I dunno about Finland but here in Scotland minors can usualy play in bars and clubs they just don't get a wristband/stamp so they can buy drinks from the bar so as said above just call up bars and clubs and see what the deal is with minors playing.

Should that fail i'd try youth centres, town halls, sports halls.. that kinda thing.

Good luck finding somewhere.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Yeah I get it. Just thinking about the style of music. Like I already mentioned we play metalcore pretty much. I mean, I can't imagine seeing a metalcore band playing at a bar. Don't know if thats just me. I'd love to play one, just don't know whether people would want this type of music there.
Quote by fc89konkari
Yeah I get it. Just thinking about the style of music. Like I already mentioned we play metalcore pretty much. I mean, I can't imagine seeing a metalcore band playing at a bar. Don't know if thats just me. I'd love to play one, just don't know whether people would want this type of music there.

You'd be surprised...
most pubs will let you play, you just have to GTFO after.
but if your metalcore, you could just hop on some of the local shows if there is any.
If there isnt, do your own show, if you guys are doing metalcore, then there must be some kids who listen to it.
Book a shitty hall, or a church, get some local bands, charge a cheap admission, and tell your friends/classmates/workmates all that junk.