Hi folks,

I am looking to upgrade from a Boss GT3...
The 2 pedals i have been recomended are the zoom g9 & Vox Tonelab EX.

I play mainly rock music...

Which pedal would you go for?

Or are there any alternatives?

I have around £250 which is the rough price of these two pedals.

I have 4 basic patches that i use mostly.
A "power" lead setting for solos with a tap tempo delay
a heavy crunch for power chords
a clean sound
same sound with a tap tempo delay

I use a lot more than these but I want to have at least these 4 sounds next to each other so i can easily switch between without going up & down banks etc.
The less hassle for live stuff the better

In saying that I would also like the option of the same setup but with wah on the delay-less sounds too.

Thanks
Last edited by macca1980 at Nov 20, 2011,
No vs threadssssss.
But I would choose neither. Both are mediocre :/
Quote by Tyler Bro
Gauges or Diamond studs? I am getting one, which one?

Quote by Xiaoxi
Get a dildo. Says the same thing.
i have a tone lab and i love it. its not mediocre at all so i have no idea what the last guys talking about. great amp sims and alot of control!
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
No vs threadssssss.
But I would choose neither. Both are mediocre :/

sorry didn't realize you weren't allowed to ask for a comparison of 2 pedals that you were considering .
It is a guitar forum...
where should I look ? ultimate guitar multi effects comparison forum.
seriously tho I need a new pedal. I will consider any suggestions you folks have
Quote by macca1980
sorry didn't realize you weren't allowed to ask for a comparison of 2 pedals that you were considering .
It is a guitar forum...
where should I look ? ultimate guitar multi effects comparison forum.
seriously tho I need a new pedal. I will consider any suggestions you folks have

You want to b*tch about it? Take it up with the mods. I didn't make the rules a**hole.
Quote by Tyler Bro

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
You want to b*tch about it? Take it up with the mods. I didn't make the rules a**hole.

I suggest you actually read the rules before going around calling people a**holes. It says no vs threads but he asked a legitimate question in his OP so it's okay. Learn some manners and don't post unless you have something to contribute or you'll get reported.

I like the Zoom but they're right it's a bit behind the times I would look into the Line 6 HD300
Quote by AxSilentxLine
I suggest you actually read the rules before going around calling people a**holes. It says no vs threads but he asked a legitimate question in his OP so it's okay. Learn some manners and don't post unless you have something to contribute or you'll get reported.

I like the Zoom but they're right it's a bit behind the times I would look into the Line 6 HD300

Yeah and I did contribute. With the answer it was an extremely underwhelming pedal. And I second your suggestion of the HD300.
Quote by Tyler Bro

Quote by Xiaoxi
I apologise for creating a vs thread , I didn't think these were against the rules.
how do I go about asking for comparisons of pedals at a similar budget? (for future reference)
It's a good question.

I think there's a subt;e difference between a 'let's compare these two things' and a vs thread.

In the end, that's all we do on this forum, compare different things against each other.
Thanks for suggestions folks...

Was looking at the POD HD300 based on comments here .
While on my browsing journey i noticed the pod xt live, It looks like it has more features than the HD ones, but not as good quality.

Any thoughts on the line 6 xt live?

None of the guitar stores near me have any of these pedals in stock, so i am pretty much going on YouTube videos & this thread lol.

Which one is easier to switch through banks?
I am really on the fence with this.... pretty tight for cash so have to make the right purchase.

Does any have a looping function? If so is it possible to achieve similar results to loopstation?
Last edited by macca1980 at Nov 20, 2011,