Hey guys! Ive been having a yamaha pacifica 012 for quite a while now. And the guitar hardly stays in tune. I tune it properly and the next day, its outta tune! And also I never use the tremolo! Is there anyway i can prevent this? I don't know what to do.
Help!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Quote by amithkallupalam
Hey guys! Ive been having a yamaha pacifica 012 for quite a while now. And the guitar hardly stays in tune. I tune it properly and the next day, its outta tune! And also I never use the tremolo! Is there anyway i can prevent this? I don't know what to do.
Help!

if youre playing it its normal to go out by the next day. if you stretch your strings properly then it should be okay
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Could be any number of things, Nut, machineheads, bridge, the way you're stringing...

have you considering blocking the trem?
Quote by coolstoryangus
have you considering blocking the trem?

Uh. No not yet.. Ill check it out.
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Most guitars have to be retuned every day. A Yamaha Pacifica won't stay in tune very good unless you change the tuner heads. You could block the trem.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
when you say "Outta Tune" How far out are we talking?

differences in Temperature and Humidity will effect tuning... during the first 20 minutes of playing or so, it's not uncommon to have to tune my guitar a few times as the strings and wood warms up from me touching it... more so in the winter of course, and the metal springs of your tremelo will expand and contract with temperature, even if you never use it.

If it's coming WAY out of tune or "Outta Tune" ( ) while your playing it, it could be mechanical in nature...

How many winds do you have on the tuning pegs? how old are your strings?
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
Quote by Papabear505

How many winds do you have on the tuning pegs? how old are your strings?

I just restrung my guitar. And also, It is 'outta tune', It goes slightly outta tune and sometimes a little more than that. And ill have to make the tuning perfect otherwise my powerchords will sound like shi*. Im gonna try to block the trem. Also there are screws on each of my tuning pegs so will tightening them retain tuning?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
if the strings are fresh and broken in,
and you know how to string up,

then it's probably going to be your bridge.

if, it's a sudden problem and all the strings,

then check if the bridge is flush against the body
if it's lifted ass end in the air,
tighten the trem screws in the back cavity, and add springs if needed.

edit:
oh and check that the guitar is in tune at the 12th fret when the open string is in tune.

the sentence about chords sounding wrong might also be an intonation issue.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Nov 19, 2011,
Ok thanks!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Quote by amithkallupalam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Oyc6slYRc
Guys seriously check it out!

ok guitar hero.

try out what you've learned, and dont get discouraged if it's not 100%
on your yamaha.
just post back if you get stuck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Fresh strings tend to go out of tune a lot more than those that are broken in a bit. Just keep playing it and it may settle into tune better.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Ok i tried to set my guitars intonation. But its impossible for me to intonate the low E string. I cant twist the screw anymore!
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Quote by amithkallupalam
Ok i tried to set my guitars intonation. But its impossible for me to intonate the low E string. I cant twist the screw anymore!

how off is it?

and does the saddle need to be closer or farther away from the fretboard, because we have tricks
to pull that saddle back farther, if needed....
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

It has to be farther away... Now all my chords using the E string sound weird... Weird vibrating sounds! And its not the tune, Even if its in perfect tune this happens.
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
if the bridge is flush against the body,
and you need the saddle farther from the headstock,

brace the bridge
detune that string,
remove the intonation screw.

clip the spring in half or take it out.
(if you REALLY need the saddle back more.

and then return the screw and the saddle will slide farther from headstock.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62