i've started working with some friends of mine on some new music, this was a jam from our most recent session, I know the levels are bad and the tones ain't right yet...but from a musical note pad kinda view....is there any thing there?
We did this in one take and it was totally off the cuff...bass line started and I dropped a simple guitar over it to add colour not overpower and the drums kept it together.
someone there watching us said it would work well with QOTSA vibe like ‘Feel Good Hit of the Summer’

c4c anytime.

Link
http://soundcloud.com/indy_fire/wheres-the-soap
Last edited by Indy_Fire at Nov 20, 2011,
Quote by schecter ftw
Was all of this improv'd on the spot? It's pretty solid. The only thing I would suggest would be to add more riffs or "themes" in the piece to help keep it interesting to listen to.

Yeah last jam of the night, one shot thing.... took us by suprise as well.
I know what you mean by adding extra themes, kinda hoping our vox man has some good melodies to go with it.

cheers for the comment dude, You got anything you want me to post on?
I checked out "Where's the soap!" and it's a pretty solid jam session, and good chemistry if it's improv as well. Loved section 3:50. Probably look more into adding thematic riffs, something that catches the ears to make it memorable and keep it interesting. Other than that, solid!

Check out my song! The link is in the thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497762
that was pretty damn solid. that chime from the drums was a tad overpowering and the guitar part was repetitive, but with an extra lead part and a good bit of mixing in there it would be very good. I would definitely recommend developing it further ( if you can remember how to play it, I always forget haha). Also i'm just curious what kind of gear/ pedals you were using.
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
Quote by miosanchez
I checked out "Where's the soap!" and it's a pretty solid jam session, and good chemistry if it's improv as well. Loved section 3:50. Probably look more into adding thematic riffs, something that catches the ears to make it memorable and keep it interesting. Other than that, solid!

Check out my song! The link is in the thread.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1497762

Hahaha Yeah man was a good jam, i guess in review the track is a bit long with the riffs at hand. kinda hoping to flesh it out with some vocals.
3:50 is a good spot...Improved solos are always fun to do. =)

cheers for the comments.
Quote by theponz
that was pretty damn solid. that chime from the drums was a tad overpowering and the guitar part was repetitive, but with an extra lead part and a good bit of mixing in there it would be very good. I would definitely recommend developing it further ( if you can remember how to play it, I always forget haha). Also i'm just curious what kind of gear/ pedals you were using.

Drums are a midi kit..played live by our drummer of course. we're in a built up area and we're trying to keep the levels down since we tend to work a bit late on the night. haha.
So that maybe where that chime is coming from, will sound loads better via real kit.
Bass was just DI from an ashdown head, and the guitar was from my line6 head cruch channel but with my tone pot and bridge pickup turned down alittle.

as for remembering my guitar line it ain't such a taxing riff so I'm good....just the bass line that needs remembering most.

thanks for your post.
Quote by guitartaber93
Not much i can say that nobody hasn't. It's freaking awesome for just an improv jam sesh.
Let me know when you get vocals to it. I want to hear. :]

Here's my thread I just posted if you want to check it out;
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=28578340#post28578340

no probs dude, I'll let you know asap, we're dying to get a body of work together and get back on the stage.
thanks for your comments.