i have the chance to get a b-52 at 4x12 anyone got any comments on em? are they at least decent?
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
the ones with V30's are alright, but the others are meh at best
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have one. Its pretty harsh and I am going to sell it for something else soon..
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
I've always used b52 cabs and have received countless compliments on my sound.

I'm sure it depends on the model though as some probably have different speakers.

I have however had issues with one cab, where 3 speakers blew out. But i have a 2 other cabs that have seen a fair share of shows
Quote by Guitarbaddie
2x12 is a better option imo

Great, you seem to post this in every thread regarding a 4x12 cabinet. You didn't even answer his question, so keep your opinion to yourself. Or better yet, create a 2x12 aficionado group so you can preach there.

I've personally never heard a b-52 cab in person, although from the different range of cabs the "best" out of the 3 seems to be the one loaded with v30's (to my ears).
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
im deff looking into one with v-30's in it. i saw one unlabeled used on the guitar center website fro about 200. i know its not the lg (the really cheap one) so its either the at or st ( the one with v-30's) im wondering if its the at, how good are the stock speakers? and i am open to 2x12's to butif i can get a 4x12 why not?
Quote by travs2448

Quote by diceksox1809

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6

Quote by jpatan
Quote by travs2448
im deff looking into one with v-30's in it. i saw one unlabeled used on the guitar center website fro about 200. i know its not the lg (the really cheap one) so its either the at or st ( the one with v-30's) im wondering if its the at, how good are the stock speakers? and i am open to 2x12's to butif i can get a 4x12 why not?

4x12 is heavier and harder to move around to gigs, let alone, get inside a vehicle.

If the cab has bad stock speakers, replacing 4 is 2 times the cost of replacing 2 in a cheap 2x12.

There isn't a noticeable sound or volume difference at all, unless you are playing somewhere un-mic'd, in which case it still wouldn't make that much of a volume difference, it will just project a bit more.

A 2x12 just always seems the most practical for the money, and you don't have a ton of money to throw around. And most gigs will mic your amp, so it won't matter if you had a 2x12 or 4x12
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
you have a great point on the cost there especially if they need replacing, however i could care less about moving it around and i got a mini van, pickup and a trailer so space aint an issue. i got a furniture dolley im gonna use to lug my shit around regardless if its a 2x12 or 4x12
Quote by travs2448

Quote by diceksox1809

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6

Quote by jpatan
Quote by travs2448
you have a great point on the cost there especially if they need replacing, however i could care less about moving it around and i got a mini van, pickup and a trailer so space aint an issue. i got a furniture dolley im gonna use to lug my shit around regardless if its a 2x12 or 4x12

Yeah, you got the transportation down at least.

It will be hard to find a decent 2x12 at that price range anyways, just because it seems cheap 4x12s are much more common.

Ultimately, I say save up and get an Avatar or Whitebox 2x12 loaded with V30s

I think Whitebox has a sale on their Classic series of 2x12s for $250, but I think they are empty cabs, unfortunately.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
yeah i've been looking down that road too! i wouldnt like a classic though only the modern one cause it looks more brutal! lmao and 200 isnt my top price range its im willing to go maybe up to 500?
Quote by travs2448

Quote by diceksox1809

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6

Quote by jpatan
Quote by travs2448
yeah i've been looking down that road too! i wouldnt like a classic though only the modern one cause it looks more brutal! lmao and 200 isnt my top price range its im willing to go maybe up to 500?

If you are shopping based of looks just stop looking for a cab now.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
lol well im not get to get a brand new cab if i dont like the look of it?
Quote by travs2448

Quote by diceksox1809

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6

Quote by jpatan
for what you pay they are better than some in their price range. i have one and its pretty nice heavy as hell but quite solid. id go for it.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right