around 300-600 dollar would be best, im thinking of a ESP EX-360 it has EMG pickups (81 bridge, 61 neck) and its an explorer, do you guys know a better guitar in that price range?
That or a second hand EX400 though the Epiphone 84 reissue would also be perfect.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Depending on the amp you have, you might need a new amp. But EMGs for sure.
i just bought a new amp, and i currently have a fender bullet strat now... are the jackson explorers any good?
Quote by Pg.inc_music
Don't Kirk, and James both have signature models through ESP? One of those.

james sig is kinda a weird shape, and hammett's got not so good reviews, it cost the same as the esp ex 360 and they dont even have active emg pickups
Quote by teli1337
james sig is kinda a weird shape, and hammett's got not so good reviews, it cost the same as the esp ex 360 and they dont even have active emg pickups

btw i was talking about the 600 dollar models, not the 2k... im sure the 2,000 dollar ones are the best
^Used M-401 would be better. They discontinued that model.. I have no idea why
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

LTD Kh-2, or LTD truckster. Super strat and Les paul.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
get a nice guitar that you like the shape and stock sound of then get the JH emg's
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
I have the LTD kh202 With emg pups. Think I paid £300 for mine, was a while back though.