Hi everyone,

As you may seen am getting a new amp,am on a budget of 600 US$,I mostly play Guns N Roses,Aerosmith,Led Zep,ZZ top.....

There are a few amp that am considering:

Blackheart BH100 Hothead
Lead 12 ministack
Pro JR
Blues Junior
Am not sure if it is gone yet Marshall studio 15
Haze 40
Blackheart BH15

Guitar:
Epiphone LP STD
Ibanez Monster RGK Mikro
Last edited by JakeBluesRocker at Nov 19, 2011,
i tried the haze 40 a while ago, i think you'd like it for your playing style. Maybe go with the haze 15 ministack though, its only 15 watt so you can push the tubes way more without it getting too loud.
Quote by Ih5g
i tried the haze 40 a while ago, i think you'd like it for your playing style. Maybe go with the haze 15 ministack though, its only 15 watt so you can push the tubes way more without it getting too loud.

I have thought about it but in the other forums i have been....everyone tells me "It is a piece of crap yaknow !" am a bit confuse know
Last edited by JakeBluesRocker at Nov 19, 2011,
Quote by Ih5g

i thought the haze only had preamp tubes ( don't know sure.. )
and i would never get a stack/ministack

if you get it, just get the 40
Quote by RetroGunslinger
using nines for drop C# is like stringing the guitar with spaghetti

My Colourful Rig:
ESP M-ii Deluxe
ENGL E570
Mesa/Boogie Simul 295 Stereo
Framus FR212 v30
Try a Line-6 Spider amp. Really versatile and sounds amazing with an Epiphone or Ibanez. I have had one for 3 years without any problems, it's a great product.
Quote by dc13
Try a Line-6 Spider amp. Really versatile and sounds amazing with an Epiphone or Ibanez. I have had one for 3 years without any problems, it's a great product.

Quote by dc13

Seriously, stay the **** away from this crap. You'll be disapointed in 6 month if your a beginner, nd in seconds if your'e a more advanced player.
Quote by dc13

Well played mr. Troll
Gear-Ibanex rg7321 w/dimarzio pups--->Ernie Ball Jr. Vol pedal--->TS9-->Line 6 DL4--->ADA MP-1--->Marshall 9005 poweramp--->Line6 4X12 straight cab w/v30s
Will this be for home, or for gigging?

If you only need an amp for home, look no further than the Marshall Class 5. You'll save a lot of money, and with a pedal for GNR, it's pretty damn hard to beat for those tones.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I was really unimpressed with the Class 5. I really don't think it would do the trick by itself here... With that budget and those bands, JCM800 is the ideal option but might be a stretch to find at that price. You might want to consider a Jet City, it should cover everything well and is definitely within your price range. In fact, it would save you quite a bit of cash... If you're just playing at home, a JCA20 should do the trick.
the haze are terrible, i have played the mini stack and the combo. boat anchors.

the class 5 is IMO a little on the expensive side for what it is, is decent, but you gotta turn her up, and 5 watts still gets pretty damn loud with the volume high.

+1 for the JCA20

maybe get an 18w clone. just an idea, i built one last march and it is killer once you get it turned up and dialed in right. if you throw an OD up front that would be even better. i like the ones (like the one i built) with the post phase inverter master volume, makes it a little bit more managable for lower volumes, but i am going to dig back into my 18w and make the PPIMV switchable.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
BlackHeart are nice Marshall type amps.
Marshall Class 5 is very nice.
Marshall studio 15 is a min JCM 800 I believe
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'd put in a vote for the Blues Jr or Pro Jr. Those amps kill! The class 5 might suit you better for your style. Might think about an AC15 if you've thought about the Jr's. It runs pretty close. Not sure if you'd need the tremolo much though. Just a thought.
Grab yourself a used Peavey Windsor and a suitable cab.

They sound like a slightly less refined JCM800 (lower gain preamp tube is a must), and have all the volume anyone could ever need, for as low as $150 if you find a bargain.
Quote by kyle62
Grab yourself an used Peavey Windsor and a suitable cab.

They sound like a slightly less refined JCM800 (lower gain preamp tube is a must), and have all the volume anyone could ever need, for as low as $150 if you find a bargain.

fixd
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
1st: lulz at the grammar nazi's typo.

2nd: aerosmith used fenders, zepplin has used supros oranges and IIRC marshalls, hopefully you know what slash uses, and zz top has used fenders and marshalls.
I use my blues jr. for all those bands minus GNR. If you can eq well you can either nail or come pretty close to any of those tones with a blues jr. And since you have a LP then you should be able to get the tone you want easily.
Guitars:
LTD F-50
Yamaha EG-112
'77 Harmony
Roadworn Starcaster
Gretsch G5120

Amps:
Vypyr 15
Epiphone Valve Junior combo
Quote by grungebaby
Laughing out loud at the grammar nazi's typo.

fixd
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by Guitarbaddie
fixed

fixed?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by Guitarbaddie
Grab yourself an used Peavey Windsor and a suitable cab.

Oh dear. If you're going to be a grammar Nazi, at least make sure you're right first.

You wouldn't ask someone "can I have an sandwich", or "I just saw an shooting star". It's a Peavey Windsor.
And if you're a troll...that was totally weak. You can do better. I believe in you.

Also Jake, the Class 5 is...mediocre at best. I hated it. Also, you haven't told us where you're going to be using it.

Your best bet is still the Bugera 1990/ Peavey Windsor plus a nice 2x12 cab, by a longshot.
Quote by kyle62
Oh dear. If you're going to be a grammar Nazi, at least make sure you're right first.

You wouldn't ask someone "can I have an sandwich", or "I just saw an shooting star". It's a Peavey Windsor.
And if you're a troll...that was totally weak. You can do better. I believe in you.

Also Jake, the Class 5 is...mediocre at best. I hated it. Also, you haven't told us where you're going to be using it.

Your best bet is still the Bugera 1990/ Peavey Windsor plus a nice 2x12 cab, by a longshot.

Forgot to mention am playing at home ONLY