Me and my friend were talking about starting a band but we never got to it for some odd reason so could you guys tell me how it works?and what the first steps are... i have 3 years accoustic experience and he has 2 years elektric but i will be getting and elektric one too
Quote by BigSmokeDawg
You meet up somewhere with all your stuff and play together.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head here.
Quote by BigSmokeDawg
You meet up somewhere with all your stuff and play together.

/thread
Jam for a while, come up with some songs to play, get them recorded cheaply, put that on your "demo" and start giving it to clubs/bars/cafes that host live bands and ask them if you can play. They'll say yes if they want you to, then you do it.

Whammy.
You make it official by posting it all over facebook and then taking lots and lots of band photos of you guys doing things that make you guys seem cool and stuff. Make sure you get one of your photographer friends to do it, to make it look more legit.
Quote by zincabopataurio
You make it official by posting it all over facebook and then taking lots and lots of band photos of you guys doing things that make you guys seem cool and stuff. Make sure you get one of your photographer friends to do it, to make it look more legit.

This pretty much sums up my local music scene really. A bunch of teens pretending to be in super brutal hardcore bands. Oh well. Just makes me feel better about being in a prog death metal band.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.