I plan on building a custom guitar next year and I need my guitar to go from standard to drop D. It will be a recessed Floyd, so i can't use a D-tuna.

The lightest strings that will be used on it are 10's and by the time i get it i could have went to 11's or 12's. So i'll probably need more than 3 springs and the tremol-no will take up some spring space.

The trem will be an Original Floyd Rose.

1) Is there any options i could choose on Warmoth to make the guitar more stable when changing tuning?

2) Would a Tremol-no be worth it?

To change from standard to drop d, i will be using the fine tuner instead of unlocking the nut.

Thanks
When dealing with Floyd Roses, you need to have multiple guitars. Have one for standard, and one for drop D. Solved.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I was hoping that I could get away with using one guitar. When this is made i will have 2 with recessed floyds but the custom guitar will be my main once with a sustainiac.

Will there be any noticeable out of tune strings with this tuning difference?
the tremolno does what it says on the tin..
infact lots of people set it up for dive only and put a d tuna on..
Quote by Offworld92
When dealing with Floyd Roses, you need to have multiple guitars. Have one for standard, and one for drop D. Solved.

I would rather have one for each half step and its dropped version. Ex: one for Drop D and E Standard, one for Eb standard and drop Db, one for D standard and Drop c, etc.
You can do D tuning on a Floyd Rose guitar. I've done it on mine, and it's easy. As for going from standard to drop D without unlocking the tuners... It'd just be easier to carry an allen wrench or just tighten them by hand.
Quote by FearMyLightning
You can do D tuning on a Floyd Rose guitar. I've done it on mine, and it's easy. As for going from standard to drop D without unlocking the tuners... It'd just be easier to carry an allen wrench or just tighten them by hand.

I've got a floyd guitar already (edge III) and i've played a couple of ofr guitars & i find it easier to use the fine tuners.

So it won't go noticeably out of tune without a tremolno if i put it into drop d?
Using the fine tuners to go into Drop D is pointless as you'll have to unlock the nut eventually due to temperature changes and your strings stretching. It's alot easier to just get it kinda in tune then use the fine tuners to get it perfect.