Alright so a bit of a back story on me and my band.
I am a 16 year old guitarist, I've been playing for almost 5 years now. Me and my buddy have been jammin' on our guitars for years and we decided to make a band a year and a half ago. We picked up a bassist withing the first few weeks, and in the coming months we had found several drummers. After settling on a drummer, we began the search for a singer. The vocal spot had stayed empty for a year. Over that year we had lost our bassist and drummer (Both due to families moving away). After losing the bassist and drummer we had been playing with for so long we had FINALLY found a singer. Soon after the singer came another drummer. However due to musical differences we had lost the singer, and our drummer had quit for reasons unknown. Now a year and a half after the formation of the band it is just me and my buddy again. We really want to get a steady set of members around our age (Like within 4 years) but we cant seem to find any musicians in our area. We have tried craigslist and have looked around at our school. We don't know where to go next, we are starting to lose hope.

Now I ask you UG forums. If you were in my position what would be your next move??
Go to music stores and ask if they have any regulars which might be interested.
Offer to collab with another band (unlikely to happen, but when it works, shit is awesome)
Advertise on UG and other forums
Put up posters in local areas
I would as a final ditch effort do an online collab, which when done well are pretty good.

Oh, and you're in the wrong subforum.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
You gotta do it all yourself, make up some songs write lyrics and have everything ready to go so when you find a bass player they can easily join in. one of you should take up drums and one of you should attempt to sing, if you have a vocalist/guitar player and drummer then you can start to put together a solid band.

You cant rely on anyone else, people will always be bailing out on you.
It's pretty shitty, we're in the same situation, me on bass/guitar an dvocals and buddy is guitarist, we are trying to collab at the moment and it's seeming to work out fine.
Quote by heartbreakhotel
It's pretty shitty, we're in the same situation, me on bass/guitar an dvocals and buddy is guitarist, we are trying to collab at the moment and it's seeming to work out fine.

Sorry man, it's tough I know.
Thanks for all the advice everyone. Heading up to some local music stores right now.
tenacious D, the white stripes, the ting tings, robson and jerome, simon and garfunkel... all top class duo's

you see where i'm going here...
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
tenacious D, the white stripes, the ting tings, robson and jerome, simon and garfunkel... all top class duo's

you see where i'm going here...

Hard to play live with 2 people though :/
Quote by ATWFAleadguitar

Not at all.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by ATWFAleadguitar
Explain? Where would the drumming coming from?

You need a drummer to perform in a duo?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
You need a drummer to perform in a duo?

Well we play metal so...A drummer is essential.
All our recordings have ezdrummer tracks on it.
In that case, get a drummer sharpish there's not much better option, other than a drum machine (which never gets positive criticism).
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
In that case, get a drummer sharpish there's not much better option, other than a drum machine (which never gets positive criticism).

Yeah our main priority is to find a drummer.
Quote by ATWFAleadguitar

In a traditional metal band yes but not impossible. What xevious1 and Dempsey68 are getting at is you need to change it up if you can't find more band members at the moment.

One of you needs to pick up the drums and one of you needs to start singing. Through in some looping and octave pedals and you're on your way.

No it won't be traditional 2 guitar metal anymore and if your doing covers they may have to be done drastically differently but it could still be fun and you will definitely be unique.

Personally although they aren't metal I'm loving some of the stuff the Yeah Yeah Yeahs does with that one guitarist and some loops and such.

A bonus is you don't have to share the spoils as much. Money, women, or whatever else you want. You'll save money going on any sort of road trip, a van will be plenty, one hotel room, less meals to pay for and so on.

Also you won't have to compromise on styles and musical differences nearly as much as you may if you can't find an exact match in new band members.

If you form a solid duo then finding extra band members down the road that naturally mesh is great and easy, and if you never do. Oh well
This is a tough situation. My recommendation is really what Spanky414th was getting at. Try to play the drums yourself, do some multitrack recordings if you don't want to do loop stations. For live performances, I don't know a single drummer out there who would turn down a paying gig.

As for a singer, try playing instrumental metal. It's always better with no one yelling at you