Hey everyone, i was just wondering if anybody had the time to take a listen to my voice just to give me any pointers or tell me if there is any potential there (or not as the case may be), i've only just really got big into singing and as such am lacking in confidence, hopefully it's not too bad on your ears!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNC6RlGINLo

anything is muchly appreciated!
From what i can hear, you are using much more of your speaking voice than your singing one.
I did think that but it seems no matter what i try i can't 'find' my singing voice...hmm any help on that one? (if it's not a stupid question)
Well if i were in physical contact with you it would be simpler. exercises i bring up with little kids:
Whisper voice (whisper)
Talking voice (talk)
Shouting voice (duh)
Singing voice
Sirens (the highest possible noise you can make at volume and SLIDE (glissando) all the way to your lowest and back up)
Short of getting a teacher, it will be difficult to really grasp it yourself. After you understand singing a bit better you can skip the teacher and self develop off of the internet although there is no sub for a live person
A singing tone is determined how you produce your voice. It's akin to the difference between walking and running. Running is an entirely different movement than fast walking. Singing is an entirely different movement than talking.

Getting a teacher will help you learn how to produce the voice.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Thanks very much guys! I'm going to plod on with my bad singing and since i'm going to uni next september will find a singing teacher then, hopefully my voice will be adequate until then haha thanks again!