Poll: Is the guy ghetto?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is the guy ghetto?
Yeah, he's ghetto as tits.
4 4%
No, he's as ghetto as Bill Cosby
47 49%
Wait, a blind kid tried to fight a drug-dealing thug?!?
44 46%
Voters: 95.
Page 1 of 2
What constitutes as being ghetto? I live in a prominent suburb, (it was actually voted the number 1 suburb in America, so I have no punk credentials), and at my school the other day some blind (I just want to point out that he was COLOR BLIND and has a really hard time seeing anything, I have no idea why he would even try) kid tried to punch some "ghetto" kid in the face, he missed. The "ghetto" dude is two years older than most of the grade and sells drugs. Would that constitute as him being ghetto even though he lives in probably one of the safest places in America?
you're a stone fox
It's a way of saying black without saying black.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
You're the one who just called him ghetto, wouldn't you know?
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit

Oh shit.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by ErikLensherr
You're the one who just called him ghetto, wouldn't you know?

That's because I think he could still be ghetto regardless of where he lives.
you're a stone fox
So he's old and sells drugs so he's ghetto? I don't think that's how it works. Poverty, actually living in a ghetto, drugs, maybe add gang warfare in there, that'd be ghetto for me.

If you got to ask then you will probably never know.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
The suburbs:

The ghetto:

Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by Saint78
That's because I think he could still be ghetto regardless of where he lives.

So ghetto for you just means being a low-life. How class-ist.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by Ganoosh
The suburbs:

The ghetto:

Jesus Christ. At least the second one has a bit of charachter.
In Ganoosh's pictures you minds as well consider the first one as ghetto, at least that's what some kids in the suburb I live think. Please, no one wants to live in the ghetto, if you think people do you fell and bumped your head.
NOT EASILY LED, EASILY BANNED.
Quote by KnightBand
In Ganoosh's pictures you minds as well consider the first one as ghetto, at least that's what some kids in the suburb I live think. Please, no one wants to live in the ghetto, if you think people do you fell and bumped your head.

Sounds like the kids in your neighborhood have a lot to learn.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by Ganoosh
Sounds like the kids in your neighborhood have a lot to learn.

Meh, they think because we live next to a suburb on the outskirts of Chicago that actually has a ghetto thinks the term applies to them. Bitch please, no one drives around the "ghetto" in a brand new sedan mommy and daddy bought you. And no one in the ghetto buys a new phone every two months.
Quote by Wisthekiller
I believe minorities are a pre-requisite for being considered "ghetto."

I think it's more about the economic position of the people living there than race. It just so happens that in the US the poorer inner-city citizens tend to be minorities, or at least it's thought of that way.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Ghetto = poor black people. Can be other races, and it's more about being poor than being black, but 99% of the time when you hear, "That is so ghetto," people mean black.
That kid = white kid from the suburbs who's good for nothing and wishes he was a poor black person because he's dumber than shit.
Can a verb become a noun?
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Ganoosh
The suburbs:

The ghetto:

Nigga please, I gotta drive past shit like that every day, and my hometown could not be any less ghetto if it had a whites only drinking fountain.
Ghetto:

Basically people wearing over sized shirts, saggy pants, and talking like illiterate retards. They can be white, black, or hispanic.

Asians look incredibly less intimidating when acting ghetto though.
i voted the third option. If all you need to be ghetto is to live in the suburbs and sell drugs, therefore the cast of the show Weeds is ghetto. This is false.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by JustRooster
"Ghetto" is a noun, not a verb. It's a place.

Stfu ass. And no he sounds like a drug dealing piece of scum
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

Quote by metaldud536
Ghetto:

Basically people wearing over sized shirts, saggy pants, and talking like illiterate retards. They can be white, black, or hispanic.

Um,around here. Micronesians,Samoans,and Filipinos can also be ghetto.
Quote by The9
Stfu ass. And no he sounds like a drug dealing piece of scum

U mad brah?
Quote by KnightBand
U mad brah?

Naaa man, the guy knew what TS meant, and just wanted to find a stupid flaw in his post.
You are part of the rebel alliance, and a traitor.

Quote by cornmancer
Ghetto = poor black people. Can be other races, and it's more about being poor than being black, but 99% of the time when you hear, "That is so ghetto," people mean black.
That kid = white kid from the suburbs who's good for nothing and wishes he was a poor black person because he's dumber than shit.

I assumed the kid in the OP was black because he sold drugs.

Come at me.

Using ghetto as an adjective is simply to describe behavior that is stereotypical of someone in the ghetto. It's as ignorant as labeling someone a redneck because they like 4x4s or guns. I have noticed that it's more often embraced by people that don't actually live in the ghetto, probably because the reality of living in the ghetto doesn't live up to the romanticized ideas people get from music and movies.

I've known many people that use the term "ghetto" to describe a behavior, usually one that involves doing something cheap, like using boxes as a coffee table or drinking boxed wine.
I am originally from a ghetto in southern california. It's obviously a terrible place. I thank god everynight I don't live there anymore. TS, you are a terrible person.

Quote by metaldud536
Ghetto:

You're just being racist now. That's definitely not what ghetto means. And yes, there are Asian gangs and they would **** you up if you told them that.
Last edited by MiserySignals11 at Nov 19, 2011,
Quote by Ganoosh
The suburbs:

The ghetto:

2nd photo is actually a screenshot from Fallout 3.
Quote by Ghostmaker
2nd photo is actually a screenshot from Fallout 3.

As is the first one. Tranquility Lane.

Quote by Trowzaa
As is the first one. Tranquility Lane.

I killed everyone in that ****ing little town

Little Billy's parents had it coming.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
its funny watchin white teen nerds tryin 2 b cool yet bein absolutely clueless about everything

"so ghetto,bro".i also like the way white teen nerds start using slang 15 years after the words were regulary used by "ghetto people"

just take a look at urselves ffs
Quote by devourke
im a raging faggot

Quote by fail
me2 and everyone picks on me

Quote by itamar100

i have been bullied before and i know what its like. its ****ing horrible and thats why i feel so strongly about fags like me.
Quote by Lulzcifer
its funny watchin white teen nerds tryin 2 b cool yet bein absolutely clueless about everything

"so ghetto,bro".i also like the way white teen nerds start using slang 15 years after the words were regulary used by "ghetto people"

just take a look at urselves ffs

Holy shit, we agree.
Quote by MiserySignals11
You're just being racist now. That's definitely not what ghetto means. And yes, there are Asian gangs and they would **** you up if you told them that.

How is that even remotely racist when he said that it could be anyone?
Quote by WCPhils
I killed everyone in that ****ing little town

Little Billy's parents had it coming.

You mean you could do that part without killing anybody?

Page 1 of 2