I've noticed that guys like Gary Moore, Randy Rhoads, Adrian Smith, Joe Satriani and David Gilmour like to add heavy vibrato to their bends to really make them stand out and give them a vocal like quality.

Is their any tips on how to do this without making the note sound out of tune. Ive noticed that the above players really vibrato the crap out of their bends and yet they still sound in tune.
Don't just bend the note up then give it some vibrato, because then you will just be making the note sound a bit too sharp. The trick is in trying to keep your vibrato equal amounts to each side of the note. As in, when you've bent the string to the note (say a whole step up from an A to a B), try to vibrato by bending the string up a tiny bit more (a slightly sharp B), then passing through the note (the B) and releasing it a tiny bit (a slightly flat B). This way you end up with the B being the note in the middle of the two other notes implied by the vibrato. It's kind of similar to the idea behind violin vibrato, if that's any help!
^ that

and also, i like to bend a note up and then vibrato between 2 notes in the scale.

for example, in A minor, C major, E phrygian etc...

bend the D at the 15th fret of the b string up to the E and then vibrate it between the F and the E.

i normally stick to intervals of half steps, whole step vibrato gives me bad flashbacks of seeing Black Label Society live...
^ What he said. Plus it takes a lot of time and practice too bend accurately to the desired pitch at will. A good exercise would be to run through a scale and bend to each successive note in the scale. Start with half step bends, then whole step, and then a whole and a half and you should be pretty set. (Rarely see bends of more then a step and a half). For example play a blues scale and find all the places you can do a half step bend (4th to b5th or b5th to the 5th) then move on too whole step bends (7th to root for instance) then finally step and a half bends for example the root to the minor 3rd.

Hope that makes sense, this helped me a lot with bends. I find that adding vibrato accurately is much easier when you can bend accurately. Many guitarists I've encountered either fall short or overbend...Also try bending on your G string a whole step while playing the note your bending too on the B string. Common device used but it helps you to match the pitch and will make you bend accurately.

Oh and theres several different types of vibrato (Wide, Narrow, Wrist) explore all of them so you can find which one suits you best or have access to all of them!
I keep the wolf from the door, but he calls me on the phone, tells me all the ways that he's gonna mess me up, steal all my children if I don't pay the ransom, but I'll never see them again If I squeal to the cops.
the trick is to wait with the vibrato, don't just start doing it right away - hit the note, wait for a moment and then vibrato. if you listen to singers' vibrato, that's what many of them do. of course it depends on what you're going for, if you want to get that explosive kind of zakk wylde vibrato, you probably don't want to wait, but in most cases and especially with bends, give it a split second and then go
Quote by mrbabo91
I've noticed that guys like Gary Moore, Randy Rhoads, Adrian Smith, Joe Satriani and David Gilmour like to add heavy vibrato to their bends to really make them stand out and give them a vocal like quality.

Is their any tips on how to do this without making the note sound out of tune. Ive noticed that the above players really vibrato the crap out of their bends and yet they still sound in tune.

Always, always, always make sure you return to the pitch of the original note between each bend of your vibrato. It doesn't matter how fast, slow, wide or shallow your vibrato is; if you don't do that, you will sound like an amateur.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.