So I took a drive up to my friendly neighborhood Guitar Center today, scouting out possible guitars to buy myself for christmas. I've been affixed to Jackson RR3's for a while now and came across this guy in the "Used" section, otherwise known as "My favorite and budget friendly" section.

So I took a look at some of the distinguishing features of an RR3, and this kinda fit the bill. It has a bolt-on neck, but 24 frets and the volume, tone, etc. were not on a faceplate, rather like a les paul with the controls physically on the guitar. And the Jackson logo in red font and red bevels on the side.
If anyone can give me a year and/or model on this then that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Skullivan
I THINK, this is a limited edition RR24.

Why?

RR24 has red bevels and red jackson logo, EMG's and 24 frets (the only Rhodes with 24).

What it doesn't have is the bridge pick up, which is why I say it's a limited edition.

EDIT: It has a bolt-on neck!?! The RR24 is Neck-thru...wow, interesting guitar and kinda odd use of decent hardware and graphics but still bolt-on...hmnn. May be part of the new X series, I say this because I think the price tag starts with a 7 and is only 3 digits in USD... (see Jackson website)

EDIT: YUP, found it: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2916320503 damn I'm good, like a detective BOSS.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Last edited by s-o-u-l-f-l-y at Nov 19, 2011,
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y
I THINK, this is a limited edition RR24.

Why?

RR24 has red bevels and red jackson logo, EMG's and 24 frets (the only Rhodes with 24).

What it doesn't have is the bridge pick up, which is why I say it's a limited edition.

EDIT: It has a bolt-on neck!?! The RR24 is Neck-thru...wow, interesting guitar and kinda odd use of decent hardware and graphics but still bolt-on...hmnn. May be part of the new X series, I say this because I think the price tag starts with a 7 and is only 3 digits in USD... (see Jackson website)

EDIT: YUP, found it: http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=2916320503 damn I'm good, like a detective BOSS.

I have two flaws with your suggestion:
1.The pictured guitar has one tone and one volume (it's a little hard to see in the pic) yours has three knobs (lol)
2. The pickups aren't labled EMG but say Jackson on them instead.
EDIT: 3. From your link, "through-body maple neck " the pictured is bolt-on.
EDIT 2: The price tag acually says $299.99, not $799.99
Last edited by Skullivan at Nov 19, 2011,
its probably a special edition of a JS32 Rhoads

Edit: yep most likely http://www.jacksonfanatic.com/for-sale/jackson-js32-shark-fin-rhoads-v-with-floyd-rose/21057/
"I'll have 2 number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda" ~Melvin 'Big Smoke' Harris.
Last edited by Oblivoath666 at Nov 19, 2011,
Quote by Oblivoath666
its probably a special edition of a JS32 Rhoads

That's what I was afraid of.
Yeah, I did notice the thru-body later. If it's <$300 new don't buy it. It won't be good. It looks good but yeah...it wont take a genius to know it wont play or sound good esp. if it's a JS.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Yep, that's a limited edition JS that they did about a year back. $299 is too much for a used JS.
I looked this guitar up in the past. It is a JS30rr. I believe it was built for Guitar Center only. Heard this from someone else. Makes sense to me. I has the Jackson pickups that the js30rr's have and the 24frets. It looks great. IMO if you buy it swap out the pickups they are noisy and you will get a noticable tonal differece.