Hey everybody!!!! So I'm a sophomore in high school and this trimester we get to do this project on any certain band. So I'm just wondering if anyone here is into Oasis? I know the Gallaghers are some messed up guys (actually it depends), but at least they're talented too!
I think you may have just caused a shit storm. We get Gallagher news every day on this site and people are getting murderous hahahahaha. But yes, there are plenty here that like the music Oasis has provided.
Liam is a twat, but Noel is pretty cool.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
Oasis is easily one of the worst bands that I have ever heard
GEAR
Squier Strat

Custom Audio Electronics MC404 CAE Wah
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss RC-3 Looper

Marshall JVM 205C
Quote by ac/dcfan5000
Oasis is easily one of the worst bands that I have ever heard

This is coming from someone that has the name "ac/dcfan5000"...

Oasis was, is, will be brilliant for decades to come. Liam is funny, he knows how to play the world, Noel is amazing. Together. One hell of a band.
Quote by Mahabajaba
I think you may have just caused a shit storm. We get Gallagher news every day on this site and people are getting murderous hahahahaha. But yes, there are plenty here that like the music Oasis has provided.

Ahaha
Oh really???
Quote by Mr.-Bungle
This is coming from someone that has the name "ac/dcfan5000"...

Oasis was, is, will be brilliant for decades to come. Liam is funny, he knows how to play the world, Noel is amazing. Together. One hell of a band.

Thank you! XD
.....but Noel is the best
They were (very) briefly my favorite band in my sophomore year.

Noel's High Flying Birds are alright, but that Beady Eye album is offensively horrible.
dont think either of them are all that talented but Oasis has some great stuff in the 90's
Quote by JagerSlushy
Liam is a twat, but Noel is pretty cool.

Liam is a twat, but he's a talented twat.
Quote by BK202
Fuck Oasis do your project on Kreayshawn.

Also, gallaghergirl+sophmore in high school=2,000 profile views.

At least you didn't say Bloc Party. UCK.
Quote by BK202
You suck.

Oh of course I do, cuz that's what every Oasis hater would say to every Oasis lover. Doesn't that make you glad that Bloc Party was there when Oasis split?
Right, well. Noel Gallagher has got to be one of the best singer song writers of his generation, maybe all time. His B side tracks, which includes Oasis' B side tracks, are better than most bands A side tracks, in my opinion. Oasis is one of the best bands to ever make a song. BUt musical taste is just like anything else, its opinionated and not supposed to be universal. Personally I love Oasis. I own every single albumn and single theyve ever made and can play all their songs, live, acoustic and studio on guitar and sing them pretty well to. But then again, Im an Oasis Nut. Ive seen them live 5 times. And plan to see Noel Gallaghers high flying birds in Spain next year. Now, Liam Gallagher. Yeah, hes a twat, but hes also one of the BEST showmen in history, watch ANY of their live gigs, Live in Manchester being the best, he gives the croud exactly what they want. And together Liam and Noel make one hell of a team, apart they obviously arent as good. Kindve like fish without the chips. Noel is the better of the pair though.
Oasis nut
Gear: Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Ej-200, Peavey Studio Pro 40, Digitech RP55, Boss ME-20. Too many pedals to list.
Latest additions: epiphone ej-200, boss me-20

Quote by DAiMIteHan

Am I old enough to wear this fist in school?
I was lucky enough to win tickets to see oasis at the iTunes festival in 2009. You can even hear me yelling on the Time Flies CD, I yelled something really stupid at one point between songs and sure enough it's there! Here's some video I took -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hf_rumy_WE
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
Last edited by 1500 meanstreak at Dec 17, 2011,
Quote by Josh01993
Right, well. Noel Gallagher has got to be one of the best singer song writers of his generation, maybe all time. His B side tracks, which includes Oasis' B side tracks, are better than most bands A side tracks, in my opinion. Oasis is one of the best bands to ever make a song. BUt musical taste is just like anything else, its opinionated and not supposed to be universal. Personally I love Oasis. I own every single albumn and single theyve ever made and can play all their songs, live, acoustic and studio on guitar and sing them pretty well to. But then again, Im an Oasis Nut. Ive seen them live 5 times. And plan to see Noel Gallaghers high flying birds in Spain next year. Now, Liam Gallagher. Yeah, hes a twat, but hes also one of the BEST showmen in history, watch ANY of their live gigs, Live in Manchester being the best, he gives the croud exactly what they want. And together Liam and Noel make one hell of a team, apart they obviously arent as good. Kindve like fish without the chips. Noel is the better of the pair though.

Finally I found a fellow Oasis nut. Personally I think Liam's a way better vocalist, but Noel's not that bad.
Hoppus: What about Twitter? What about Facebook?
Noel: It's fuckin' nonsense.
Hoppus: What about Chatroulette?
Noel: Nons- what?!
Liam used to be. Then he decided to do his voice in with fags and booze. Noels acoustics sound so much better tbh. Theres no denying Liams great in his own right.To quite the DVD for the Dig out your soul albumn "If I found it easier with words, Id be massive, Id be like, bigger than WHSmiths" - L.G
Oasis nut
Gear: Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Ej-200, Peavey Studio Pro 40, Digitech RP55, Boss ME-20. Too many pedals to list.

Quote by DAiMIteHan

Yes! I've been waiting for an Oasis fan to make a thread for months. I'm not going to write a huge paragraph about them, but I'm a massive fan, one of my fave bands of all time.
I am, they're favorite band. Excellent song writing, easy yet powerful guitar chords. I prefer most of Noel's own stuff than Liam's Beady Eye. The Gallagher brothers are two characters, each with their own problems, I wouldn't say one is better than the other. Noel is good as a songwriter yet Liam is good as a frontman.

But of course, prefer the chief.
Everyone prefers the chief. Hes epic.
Oasis nut

Quote by DAiMIteHan

Quote by gallaghergirll
Oh of course I do, cuz that's what every Oasis hater would say to every Oasis lover. Doesn't that make you glad that Bloc Party was there when Oasis split?

No I think it's moreso that's what anyone with good taste in music says to someone who thinks Oasis is better than Bloc Party.

Oasis is boring as ****.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by Josh01993
Everyone prefers the chief. Hes epic.

Noel Gallagher is the chief?
Bloc Party's first album is unbelievably good. Everything else they've put out has been abhorrent.

Whereas Oasis is yet to write a non-terrible song.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!