http://soundcloud.com/theferryman/captain-crunch

Good lord am I proud of this mix. Now all i need to do is get my hands on the Toontrack MetalMachine Kit and I think i'll be in business, as it stands now. To get a good sound from the metal foundry i have to frankenstein it with the NY avatar kit. (snare, and a tom)

Right, anyway. Techno mumbojumbo aside, i actually write this to try a couple mixing techniques i've read about to beef up the guitar sound..and to test my new Bass Tone in PodFarm. all instruments are me, with the exception of drums.

Guitar info
PodFarm (the original)
Dean MLX

Bass
Podfarm (again)
SX custom handmade Vintage series 4 string

drums
SD 2.0
metalfoundry/NY Avatar combo

all recorded and mixed in Audacity
except for the drums, were processed through Acidpro 7 and then imported as an MP3 into Audacity.
Quote by JunKDepot

all recorded and mixed in Audacity
except for the drums, were processed through Acidpro 7 and then imported as an MP3 into Audacity.

why D:
Quote by Fat g0r0T
why D:

because if i record guitar in acidpro, the audio drops out while i'm recording. and on top of that it starts to take chunks out of the guitar audio. a failing hard-drive will do that to ya.

I use Audacity because it doesn't do that.
I find this typical 'forget any melody.... just hammer out some bar chords." HOWEVER... I don't know your experience, and we all start out simple and to the point.
Quote by logicbdj
I find this typical 'forget any melody.... just hammer out some bar chords." HOWEVER... I don't know your experience, and we all start out simple and to the point.

I'll be the first to say this is pretty simple. but i also just wrote it as a test of my new bass guitar and mixing.

Quote by Taclite

It's very muddy, you can barely hear the drums and it's just.. not great.

you do have a point there, any suggestions on how to make the drums more noticeable without the entire drum track overpowering the mix? I'd love to hear.
Last edited by JunKDepot at Nov 21, 2011,
Quote by JunKDepot
you do have a point there, any suggestions on how to make the drums more noticeable without the entire drum track overpowering the mix? I'd love to hear.

EQ, EQ, EQ. Use high and low pass filters on the guitars to remove any unwanted frequencies. Limit the bass to certain frequencies, as well as the kick drum.

http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=18237