I am currently looking around for a speaker cabinet under $500 that has mainly good bass and treble response, and doesn't start to get muddy or anything the louder i play through it. Any suggestions will be helpfull
Avatar Speakers. G12/V30 combination.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
new- i would get a whitebox or an avatar.

used-may be able to snag a mesa rectifier cab for under 500. i see marshall 1960 cabs under 500 used all day. they are great cabs.
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
i forgot to mention im looking mainly for a 412 cab for under $500
Last edited by The Milk-Man at Nov 20, 2011,
And how about the head you're using to power it? I mean, I wouldn't want to suggest some Greenbacks or something like that, only to find you'll be pushing 200 watts through it.
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
a Peavey Bandit 112 combo. To be honest im relatively new to all this shit and aren't even sure if you can run a combo through a cab? lol, sorry about the stupid question, I'll get there :P
Quote by The Milk-Man
a Peavey Bandit 112 combo. To be honest im relatively new to all this shit and aren't even sure if you can run a combo through a cab? lol, sorry about the stupid question, I'll get there :P

If I'm correct, your Bandit 112 has a jack for an external speaker cab (see picture below).

Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
yeah it does, and i mainly want the cab so that in the future when a do get a head, then ill only have to buy the head and not a head and cab togetherl, which i am guessing would be more expensive at the time. If that makes sense?
Quote by The Milk-Man
yeah it does, and i mainly want the cab so that in the future when a do get a head, then ill only have to buy the head and not a head and cab togetherl, which i am guessing would be more expensive at the time. If that makes sense?

It doesn't make sense to me honestly.
If you buy a head and cab together you will probably get a better deal for one thing.
You are also limiting your options if you are going used [someone might be selling the head you want and a cab but not separately; you might also find a combo you want etc]
RIP Gooze

cats
alrighty then, i guess i'll have to rethink my options then, aye? thanks for the advice though
Save your dough and stash it in an envelope marked "GAS Fund". It'll be there when you're ready to make a move -- and then you can sell your Bandit and seed your fund again.
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native