I'm sure this has been asked before. I am looking to upgrade pick ups in my ibanez s5ex1 and thinking of Dimarzio pick ups. Which ones are for a variety of music and will improve the stock inf1, infs1, inf2 pick ups? I'm not playing heavy metal or death metal etc. It will be some rock, classic rock, country, contemporary Christian, 80's, 90's etc. I have looked at their website and tried to match up the music type in order to find out which pick up to get and it only gives one choice when I like many different types of music they have listed to choose from. I was thinking of DiMarzio Air Norton in the neck position, DiMarzio True Velvet in the middle and DiMarzio Tone Zone in the bridge

Thx in advance for your input.
Scott
Techno Junkie
Fender blacktop strat
Fender USA strat plus
Visual sound Angry Fuzz
Visual sound Jekyll aan hyde
Fender mustang 3amp
Faustone fuzz unit
i am pretty sure that those exact pickups are in my pristeige. they sound good together, but i dont care for the single coil that much. i dont know what to reccomed instead though, its just that it is on the very high end of the frequencies, and doesn't sound good with any of the amps i use it on.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
thx for your advice
Techno Junkie
Fender blacktop strat
Fender USA strat plus
Visual sound Angry Fuzz
Fender mustang 3amp
Faustone fuzz unit
a neck pickup i have been wanting to try a liquifire in the neck position, but just haven't gotten around to picking one up. they are very popular on here and so is the crunch lab.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Crunch lab/Liquifire is more for metal I think. Though they will be versatile enough if you make use of the volume/tone controls as well.

I personally don't like the tone zone much, but it's probably just my particular tastes. I would suggest maybe looking into something more like the super distortion (I believe members of Iron Maiden use it), or Steve Special, or even a FRED/Paf Pro kind of thing - Joe Satriani uses the FRED in the bridge, and a Paf Pro/Joe in the neck quite a lot. I had a JS1000 with the FRED/Paf Pro combo and I can tell you they were great pickups. And more medium output so they can do anything pretty damn well.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
A Super Distortion/Area 61/PAF Pro would be really versatile, and pretty much cover all the sounds you want.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thx for all the good input. Now I just to figure which ones to get. Someone else mentioned the paf Joe and the the mo Joe
Techno Junkie
Fender blacktop strat
Fender USA strat plus
Visual sound Angry Fuzz
Fender mustang 3amp
Faustone fuzz unit
Crunchlab/Liquifire WITH coil tap. Can't go wrong.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
tone zone is very dark and very much aimed at lead playing

i'd go less hot than that- and LOL at all the suggestions for even hotter pickups than teh tone zone, teh tone zone is pretty darn hot already What the **** are you kids smoking?

I haven't tried it but the norton might be worth a look for the bridge. Or maybe a breed or paf pro.

for the neck teh air norton would probably work, but again i'd probably go less hot than that with something paf-y.

i haven't tried teh true velvet, but i'm not much fussed on its predecessor, teh blue velvet. the virtual vintages are a lot nicer, if you ask me, though they don't have quite teh authentic sparkle that a true single coil would have, if that's important.

Any reason why they have to be dimarzios? Duncan makes a bunch of pickups which would work pretty well, too. Then you have all teh boutique guys, or alternatively guys like tonerider and irongear if you don't want to break the bank.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?