Hey,

I'm interested in buying the ESP/LTD B-208FM bass (http://www.espguitars.com/basses/ltd-standard-deluxe/b-208fm.html) , and I just wanted to know if LTD basses are like LTD guitars (lower quality), because I saw a lot more ESP Guitars than ESP basses.

It may sound kinda stupid, but are LTD basses for "beginners" or lower quality instruments just like LTD guitars?
Last edited by ProgBassDude at Nov 20, 2011,
My experience-
Wood is hit or miss. You might get something that sounds like its twice as expensive, or you might get a lemon. Case in point- my H51 sounded better than the H100 I tried at the shop. Exact same specs

If you get one of the decent examples, then a pickup swap is usually all thats needed.
Really? Then I guess I'll buy it and hope that I won't have to sell it a week after! I remember buying my ibanez GSR, I was all excited, but when I realized it was a cheaper version of the soundgear series, I wasn't "happy", you see. I just don't want to buy another cheap bass.
If you want an eight-string bass, that one is not bad at all; particularly for the price. If you can handle US$800.00, take a look at Schecter's Studio Elite Eight-String:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by ProgBassDude
Really? Then I guess I'll buy it and hope that I won't have to sell it a week after! I remember buying my ibanez GSR, I was all excited, but when I realized it was a cheaper version of the soundgear series, I wasn't "happy", you see. I just don't want to buy another cheap bass.

Try before you buy. Dont order it- chances are you might not like it.
Quote by FatalGear41
If you want an eight-string bass, that one is not bad at all; particularly for the price. If you can handle US$800.00, take a look at Schecter's Studio Elite Eight-String:

Hmmm, it looks good! I'm not really into Schecters, but I guess I'll try it out if I ever see it.

Quote by GS LEAD 5
Try before you buy. Dont order it- chances are you might not like it.

Well, that's what I think too but honestly, I don't think I'll ever find a 8-string bass here. But yeah, I'll keep that in mind, thanks!
the higher priced LTDs are usually pretty nice. I'm sure you've seen how they pretty much have different levels for each model. The higher-up ones are very good in my opinion.
I've got the cheapest LTD's you can get (B50 and B55) and love both of them. Both are P-Basses and sound great. Of course I'm the type of dude who won't spend over 400 bucks on an axe and rely on my pedals and amp to really dial my tone in.
Ive played that particular bass, and I really liked it. Kinda strange feeling both strings below the fingers, but thats with every 8 string. I think youd like it if you got it.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
How about three strings under each finger?

The Hamer Chaparral 12-String Electric Bass:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
That 12-string bass looks great! It must feel pretty strange, plucking 3 string at the same time, no? Anyways, I've already played an 8-string bass before (can't remember the brand), I was on a trip to montreal and when I came back home I couldn't find any.. But I loved it, the sound and all, blew my mind! But yeah, I'm pretty sure about the 8-string, I was only wondering if a 450$ LTD (on musiciansfriend) was similar to guitars like Epiphones or Squier Basses, looks like it's not!
Quote by FatalGear41

Backed. The ONLY issue with these you can have is the size of The body. As you can probably see from the pic, its relatively small. But its surpirsingly resonant, and versitile

Off topic, but I haven't been on here in a while. Good to be back
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.