Page 1 of 3
Pit, the time has come. It is time for me to cut this mop that has been resting atop my cranium for six years straight. Normally, this problem would require very basic thinking and a couple hours of one's time. But here's my dilemma; I have very curly hair. It takes fifty minutes to de-tangle in the shower, and 10 minutes to clean. It is almost always frizzy, even when tied back and I just can't deal with it anymore. It really is that frustrating. First-world problems, yay. Or if you're reading this, Devourke, whatever you class Australia as.

The only issue is that short curly hair looks equally off-putting. If I choose to cut my mane, I want to make sure it's worth the trouble. I need pictures of people with curly, short hair, who DON'T look creepy. Give me hope, Pit. Or at least try to.
How tight are your curls?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
If I had curly hair I'd shave it all off and become a skinhead so no one would know.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Decently. They're almost ringlets, sadly.

Shirley Temple status or less?
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Damn. That sucks.

Have you tried combing it?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by blake1221
Shirley Temple status or less?

Not that tight. Here's an unfortunate photo my brother took of me at the start of the year. Yes, I am wearing random clashing items of clothing, but it's all I have to work with.

Quote by 'Leviathan'

My hair was made of ringlets bro. I'm too lazy to copy paste all the advice we gave you in the self conscious thread, but all that advice is gold

EDIT: And don't flatter yourself, Australia isn't even 4th world
Straighten your hair like all the cool kids in those metalcore bands these days. That's what you kids listen to ... metalcore right?
Quote by ErikLensherr
If I had curly hair I'd shave it all off and become a skinhead so no one would know.

This

luckily, I have ridiculously straight hair. People ask me why I straighten it constantly. Well at least before I got really tall, now they just ask me if I play basketball every damn day
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by element4433
Damn. That sucks.

Have you tried combing it?

Yeah. Makes it EXTREMELY frizzy and 9 times out of 10, breaks the comb.

Quote by devourke
My hair was made of ringlets bro. I'm too lazy to copy paste all the advice we gave you in the self conscious thread, but all that advice is gold

EDIT: And don't flatter yourself, Australia isn't even 4th world

There's advice? >.>
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Nov 20, 2011,
There's always straightening.

Looks like if you get it to about ear length or less, you could work with it. Regardless, you should probably tame that mane
Yep. Cut it short. Comb it when it's still wet and style with pomade.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

My hair is about 3 inches all over when stretched out. That works with what I'm talking about. Your curls are a little tighter than mine, but it would still work for you. But since your hair is so long already, you might want to leave it longer and see how it works for you until you decided if you want it longer.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by devourke
Do you have that picture bookmarked or something?

Yes. Australians are just so backwards.
Quote by element4433
My hair is about 3 inches all over when stretched out. That works with what I'm talking about. Your curls are a little tighter than mine, but it would still work for you. But since your hair is so long already, you might want to leave it longer and see how it works for you until you decided if you want it longer.

What I would like is the sort of ear-length or shorter 'stylishly messy' look, if you know what I mean. The only reason I've kept this hair for so long is for consistencies' sake. I was really, really, really shy as a kid, and grew it out thinking it'd afford me some sort of identity (yeah, I know.) Around grade 11, when I stopped caring, I just kept it long because it had essentially become part of who I am and it felt right. But I'm out of school, in the 'real world' now, and am a whole different person. I'd like to make a few changes.
Quote by Dirge Humani
I read niglet.

thank god im not alone

pink text on UG classic is a bitch to read sometimes
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by due 07
Yes. Australians are just so backwards.

I know what you mean bro. Did you see the angry Australian on here last night?
Quote by 'Leviathan'
What I would like is the sort of ear-length or shorter 'stylishly messy' look, if you know what I mean. The only reason I've kept this hair for so long is for consistencies' sake. I was really, really, really shy as a kid, and grew it out thinking it'd afford me some sort of identity (yeah, I know.) Around grade 11, when I stopped caring, I just kept it long because it had essentially become part of who I am and it felt right. But I'm out of school, in the 'real world' now, and am a whole different person. I'd like to make a few changes.
Yeah definitely go with pomade. Combing works for me because it breaks up the curls. But it might not work with longer hair. But the pomade keeps it from being frizzy, but doesn't make it all crunchy. It keeps the shape too, but still looks natural.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Yeah definitely go with pomade. Combing works for me because it breaks up the curls. But it might not work with longer hair. But the pomade keeps it from being frizzy, but doesn't make it all crunchy. It keeps the shape too, but still looks natural.

I've decided on what I want to do. Cheers, everyone. If my hair isn't how I like it at ear-length, etc., then I'll look into permanent straightening. I really don't like curly hair, so that's always a last resort.
Quote by devourke
I know what you mean bro. Did you see the angry Australian on here last night?

I'm on every night, cunt.
Quote by Butt Rayge
I'm on every night, cunt.

Well it's not like there's anything else to do in Australia
I kinda feel for you bro. I have curly hair and I know what a pain it is to look after. I suggest either keep it long and maybe or grow it longer, or shave it completely off. It kinda looks stupid in between in my opinion.

Also try going to the hair thread for more advice.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by Dirge Humani
No no, you're a dick. He was an idiot.

Well I don't know who you're talking about...
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Yeah. Makes it EXTREMELY frizzy and 9 times out of 10, breaks the comb.

Yeah. Well. I sympathise, but my only semi-successful solutions have been:

a) not brush it. Ever. Just wash it every few days and kind of pull the tangles out with the fingers. Importantly - use conditioner, plenty of, as that'll stop it getting too dry (and thus smooth out some of the knotting and frizz)

b) shave it all off and enjoy the lack of cleaning products and all that light airy breeze stuff playing over your scalp. Then enjoy the months of ever changing hairstyles until it reaches original length, allowing you to find your ideal length.

May affect the outcome: how thick is your hair? Is it just really voluminous from all that frizz, or does it grow thickly? Is it fine strands or more wiry/heavier?
He likes Keats but she's into Yeats - it's a matter of Romance

E-Mistress to UG's Finest Gentleman

Come away, oh human child,
To the waters and the wild
With a fairy hand in hand;
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
Page 1 of 3