Oh hay UG.
Since I'm moving to college soon, and my plans for getting the most wanted Mark V got cancelled (Got the EBMM JP instead), i saved up a little for a nice pair of headphones. I used to listen to lots of Hip-Hop earlier, I had Beats Solo (not the HD ones) and the quality and the basswas something I loved (never got HD ones because they were too crisp), but now I need a little more quality than something muffled and muddy to notice every single note and stuff.

Went out, tried tens of headphones and came out with Beats by Dr Dre Pro ones.
Overpriced? Yes.. But I would say, it sure is expensive, and you might get this quality for a little less (but not much less), the sound is so precise I can literally hear the drumk sticks hitting the drums. The basswhile not like smaller brother, studio ones, but it's a crisp bass. Since there is no noise cancelling, it sounds pure.
Well, through my iPod it was nice, but then I got home and popped it in my Boss Gt-10 and started jamming some Rammstein.

I. Was. BLOWN. Away.

The sound quality was like nothing i've heard in my life, the bass of strings was kicking in, the distortion was literally distorting my mind. On cleans? I could hear every single detail of what i played, even through distortion if I missplaced my finger ON THE FRET i would notice it. I listened to some songs that i've listened to 100s of times such as comfortably numb, and noticed so many details i've never noticed before.
The build quality is like a TANK, full allumuniom with some hardcore plastic parts. It comes with a 3.5 to 1.2 convertor and coiled cable.

I will upload some pictures when I can find my camera, asap.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
Last edited by omidmash at Nov 20, 2011,
1. This is verging on advertising.
2. Beats aren't that great and massively overpriced: a fashion statement for rich kids. Anyone who knows anything about headphones knows this.
3. Troll harder.

Reported.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Nop, have fun reporting this is just ngd for me. It has cons too! It's too heavy and of course the price is overwhelming but I'm satisfies. Go look my other poss and see I I'm a ad bot or what?
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
I'm sure Dr Dre appreciates your contribution to his bank account. Those may be some nice headphones, but they are so insanely overpriced it's ridiculous.

EDIT: You probably got reported because you didn't exactly follow the NGD rules. You need 2 out of these 3...

1) detailed review - check
2) Pictures - no
3) Clips - not possible
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Last edited by jpatan at Nov 20, 2011,
Quote by jpatan
I'm sure Dr Dre appreciates your contribution to his bank account. Those may be some nice headphones, but they are so insanely overpriced it's ridiculous.

They definitely are overpriced and the name adds price, but it's good looking too and I love their style. I could get an akg, he'll but I love beats style.
Quote by omidmash
Nop, have fun reporting this is just ngd for me. It has cons too! It's too heavy and of course the price is overwhelming but I'm satisfies. Go look my other poss and see I I'm a ad bot or what?

Well, in that case I apoligise (how do you spell that?): I have seen posts about Beats on various music forums and they are most always a troll.

Enjoy the headphones... I guess....
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Banjocal
Well, in that case I apoligise (how do you spell that?): I have seen posts about Beats on various music forums and they are most always a troll.

Enjoy the headphones... I guess....

Phew just went through all the sheer spelling problems in the last 2 posts =/. ****ing iphone.
It's apologize, and it's fine. There is so much hate for these headphones, I couldn't believe it before posting it here.
Time to move on..
*and uploading pictures right now*
Last edited by omidmash at Nov 20, 2011,
Beats headphones are almost as overpriced as Bose headphones. I mean, the Beats aren't that bad, but you can get a set of Sennheisers for the same exact price that will outperform the Beats headphones by far.
Are you trying to spell "Bass"?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
Are you trying to spell "Bass"?

meh fixed, always same mistake
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Beats headphones are almost as overpriced as Bose headphones. I mean, the Beats aren't that bad, but you can get a set of Sennheisers for the same exact price that will outperform the Beats headphones by far.

they are more overpriced than bose.

sennheiser is nice. i've had good luck with altec lansing.

don't really know of any other companies besides denon.