Want some advice on my first midi keyboard controller I will be buying..

Cheap as possible please (max £100)(yes I live in the UK)

I was thinking something along the lines of:
Akai LPK25
Akai MPK mini
M-Audio Oxygen 25
Alesis Q25 25

I know there's differences between all of these but which is going to be the one that's going to be most useful for use in Logic Pro and Ableton

I'm new to using midi keyboards and was wondering if things like pitch and mod wheels are guna be really necessary and also all the different controls. Every time I've used midi keyboards so far ive only used the actually keyboard itself.

Do these different controls make a huge difference?

I'll be using it to make music in both of these DAWs and I use Ableton to DJ as well

Thanks
Last edited by kezbob2k7 at Nov 20, 2011,
Quote by kezbob2k7
Every time I've used midi keyboards so far ive only used the actually keyboard itself.

same here, and i don't really need to advance to a keyboard either seen as i don't do much piano work and all my software instruments are pretty easy to do without a midi keyboard

what kinda music do you make?
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
same here, and i don't really need to advance to a keyboard either seen as i don't do much piano work and all my software instruments are pretty easy to do without a midi keyboard

what kinda music do you make?

Mainly electronic (house, dubstep, DnB)

And I'll need it if I ever need to do anything for university (Bsc Music Technology Software Development)
then you'll need some really cool software and a midi controller with a pitch shift and velocity-sensitive keys, i don't think you'll need weighted keys tho unless you're a pianist or want a realistic piano feel
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Bitches don't know about my midi keyboard knowledge.

Let me start by saying you'll regret getting anything under 49 keys. You'll come to loathe running out of room so quickly so i'd spend the extra now.

You hear varying reports about m audios reliability but i've owned their stuff without a problem. If you don't think you'll need the drum pads or extra controls then their oxygen is a pretty good board and from what i've heard better than akai's competing model.

If you REALLY want to get sparse than you could get an m audio keyrig. Practically two pitch wheels and nothing else.
Quote by spitonastranger
Bitches don't know about my midi keyboard knowledge.

Let me start by saying you'll regret getting anything under 49 keys. You'll come to loathe running out of room so quickly so i'd spend the extra now.

You hear varying reports about m audios reliability but i've owned their stuff without a problem. If you don't think you'll need the drum pads or extra controls then their oxygen is a pretty good board and from what i've heard better than akai's competing model.

If you REALLY want to get sparse than you could get an m audio keyrig. Practically two pitch wheels and nothing else.

Thanks for the advice however...

I'm limited to the room I have so the size of it is a major issue as well.
25 key is all I can really do unfortunately
try asking in the keyboard thread. the link is in my sig. i don't have any experience with those, so i can't give advice, but maybe one of the other regulars there would know.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Go for the M audio. They seem pretty decent to me!

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
I use my actual, full size keyboard as a midi keyboard whenever i need it. It's touch sensitive, weighted, and cost a ton less than the equivalent midi keyboard
I have an Oxygen 49. The sliders and knobs can help if you record and adjust the knobs while recording, gives some really cool effects. You'll be ok with any of them though if you're just going to end up using it for the keys. With the 49 you get a little bit more options with the knobs and sliders, might be useful if you set parameters and shit on them.
I've only go experience with M-Audio from my shop, but I've really dug what you could get from it so far. I really like the touchpad options, too.
im lookin in to a maudio oxygen 49 or axiom 49. you might be able to find a used oxygen 49 for under 100. the sliders would probably be useful for you