Which one is better? I mainly play Alternative Rock (QOTSA, Foo Fighters, Muse), Punk Rock (Green Day, The Offspring, Blink 182), Post-Hardcore (Fightstar, My Chemical Romance) and Alternative Metal (Deftones, SOAD). Don't bother suggesting a tube amp as I need versatility.
I have no experience with Peavey amps but I can tell you that mustang amps tend to sound digital.
Quote by rami80
I have no experience with Peavey amps but I can tell you that mustang amps tend to sound digital.

No.

The Vypyr has better distortion though. Depends if you think you'll really use the computer software
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Is the Vyper tube 60 out of your price range?

The Vyper series is actualy pretty good for what your after. I'm sure the Mustang will do the job, but I have heard it is better at clean to mid gain amp models than the Vyper. But the Vyper is better for Hi-gain.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
fender super champ or vypyr tube 60

rp500 and keyboard amp possibly
Mr. Zachary Vex on the fuzz probe: "Congratulations. You must be insane. Even I don't get how to use this pedal".
^Im doing that coincidentally that said, my setup is about 600 dollars, at that price, he can get a Vypyr Tube 120, or a Bugera of some sort.

Mustang for cleans and low-mid gain, SS Vypyr for brootz, tube vypyr cleans better than mustang, but mid gain on Mustang still better.
One can get a rp500 used in the US for $200 these days.

I am not sure what the very best would be, but a Harbinger 12" powered PA goes for $200.
Mr. Zachary Vex on the fuzz probe: "Congratulations. You must be insane. Even I don't get how to use this pedal".
Fender Mustang is pretty solid choice. Even though I 4 cabled mine so I bypass all the modelling, once I don't have my GT10 it's easy to dial in stuff that you need. And it sounds awesome as well.
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
I found a Peavey Vypyr 120 rube for the same price as a Fender Mustang but will that be too much? I'm doing practice and small gigs.
use the volume knob and you'll be fine. The Vyper tube is a much better sound than the regular vyper.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
for an upgrade I was advised to ditch my rp355 and spider IV 15 and buy an Peavey Vypyr tube 60(with sanpera II pedal)...upgrade cost=650 euro... is it worth it? or could I also just get some other cheaper tube amp for after my rp355