Nature abhors a vacuum.
My dog is terrified of it.
Cool article.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
As if breaking the speed of light didn't rape my understanding of it enough. Time to re-write the laws of reality then.
I'll just wait a few years for them to have a new set of rules of the universe -.-

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Uh, duh.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
It's an apocalypse that will tear down our perception of the laws of nature.
But seriously, there seems to be quite a lot of important break through's in the part months.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Oh f*cks sake. Not again....
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by Dirge Humani
This has been known for a while, virtual particles are nothing new.

this.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
This has been known to science for a while. A pure vacuum will never exist. Kinda throws all of the school level physics. Science just seems to get less certain as time goes on :P cool article
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Alright, now that I'm awake and on a laptop, I can try explaining why this happens.

A pure vacuum cannot exist. For it to exist, that means that inside that vacuum, the position and velocity of every particle would be known with 100% certainty (it would be zero). This violates the uncertainty principle.

So, 'virtual' particle pairs will pop in and out of existence, at random.

Like that. Red is a particle, blue is its antiparticle. They come into existence, exist for an infinitesimal amount of time, and then annihilate each other, so there is no violation of any laws of energy.

Now, photons are their own antiparticle. So, if a virtual photon pair is created, it will, for all intents and purposes, seem like two particles of photons popped out of nothingness. If they can be separated before they annihilate, then two photons will be effectively created out of a vacuum.

These virtual particles are also what give rise to Hawking Radiation, and might be the reason that the early universe was not perfectly uniform in density, which directly lead to the creation of galaxies and life and etc.
Yo dirgie, so liek ur puttin a universe inside our universe so we can universe while their universe is universin inside our universe?

I think we just solved the universe dawg
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by pegadeth
^ Isn't this the reason the universe came to be in the first place?

Could be. I don't think we'll ever be able to know for sure. But, theoretically, a quantum fluctuation out of nothingness (as there would be literally nothing before the universe started. No space, no time, no energy) could have snowballed into the universe today.
No, they happen everywhere. They can also be seen right near the even horizons of black holes, which is how Hawking Radiation is created. If one is closer to the horizon than the other, it could fall in.

If the one that falls in was the antiparticle, then the black hole will shrink in mass, and it will appear to have emitted a particle.
Yep, have read about this before. I almost fooled myself into thinking the mass of the universe would increase then, then i read the second sentence.

Isn't the space there also almost empty? I was thinking about virtual particles in my coffee or something like that. This doesn't happen as often there anyway, does it?
Quote by Dirge Humani
It can happen anywhere, it is just most noticeable where there is not a whole lot of matter.

Its easier to see 2 extra particles if there were only 2 to begin with, opposed to 2 billion.

My god man. You know everything there is to know about nothing.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.