Hi Guys,
im planning on buying a Fender Mexican Stratocaster and modding it by putting Bare Knuckle Mother's Milk Pickups in it and then it will definately sound better than the american standard strat, deluxe strat and maybe even a few customs just because of how amazing the pickups are but i also want to improve playability.

what would you recommend? im planning on replacing the nut with a fender roller nut and maybe installing fender locking tuners. what else would you recommend? would a change to a fender american deluxe tremolo bridge make a difference?
After putting all of that work into it you're better off just buying a better guitar to begin with.

If you use your tremolo then a roller nut would be a good idea. I personally dislike locking tuners but thats a matter of opinion (some tone chasers insist that you lose resonance with locking tuners). If you get the guitar and the bridge feels good then leave it. Maybe put some new saddles on it but a full swap would probably be unnecessary.
Quote by inkandlead
After putting all of that work into it you're better off just buying a better guitar to begin with.

If you use your tremolo then a roller nut would be a good idea. I personally dislike locking tuners but thats a matter of opinion (some tone chasers insist that you lose resonance with locking tuners). If you get the guitar and the bridge feels good then leave it. Maybe put some new saddles on it but a full swap would probably be unnecessary.

im most likely to only put in a roller nut then. even with new pickups, strings, a roller nut and maybe saddles, its cheaper than an american standard. definately worth it, especially since im not doing the work, ill get it done at my local shop for $25.
Quote by itamar100
it will definately sound better than the american standard strat, deluxe strat and maybe even a few customs just because of how amazing the pickups are

I wouldn't count on that. It will sound better, but a set of pickups on a MIM aren't going to magically make it sound like a Custom Shop.

The most bang for your buck with a MIM will be the pickups, the trem and block, and a setup/fret dress. A good setup and fret dress will be the best thing for playability, by far. A new set of tuners can be useful, too. Schaller locking ones drop right in to MIMs without drilling.
Quote by Roc8995
I wouldn't count on that. It will sound better, but a set of pickups on a MIM aren't going to magically make it sound like a Custom Shop.

The most bang for your buck with a MIM will be the pickups, the trem and block, and a setup/fret dress. A good setup and fret dress will be the best thing for playability, by far. A new set of tuners can be useful, too. Schaller locking ones drop right in to MIMs without drilling.

thats the thing. in my local shop, if you buy a guitar there you get a year of free setup and i got the pickups in my les paul changed for $25 and im sure that anything else will be given a discount simply cause hes also my teacher plus im buying the guitar there and the pickups are the difficult part.

and i know i was exaggerating about it sounding like a custom shop but itll sound great. bare knuckle make the best pups ever!

can you recommend a good trem and block? i dont know what makes good ones.
Quote by inkandlead
$25 for all that work? Get that in writing first. Haha.

i promise! but its just making up for their overpriced fender guitars and amps just cause theyre the only fender retailers in my country!