this is going to be a long one.... i tried to take pics of each part of the step but i didnt have my phone so missed out on some parts. so, i had an LTD M-50 loaded with EMG's. bout a 2 year old guitar. the black sating was wearing off so i wanted to refinish it. i decided i wanted flame maple but adding a cap wasnt possible which lead me to adding a veneer. also tried going for the natural wood color of mahogany or something but for anyone that followed any of my threads i freaked out in the process. so away we go:

this was the inital sanding.... then i stopped halfway and i saw this

remember kids.... soft surface or you will fck up the part of the guitar u didnt even want to touch -_-

sanded all the way down

would have kept and sealed it like this if it wasnt 3 different pieces of wood -_-

60 grit belt sander to the hand

then i waited for my veneer in the mail, very nice btw

didnt take any pics with the veneer on the guitar before painting but i do have this

so this part need some explaining cause this is where sht hit the fan. i was spraying on tobacco brown nitro from stewmac under florecent lights at night. every coat i added was more and more red. i freaked and didnt know what i were to do to get a brown color. i added like 20 coats of this brown-red stuff and let it dry. when i brought it under a different lighting inside my house, i was left with this rough black coal-like crap. i flipped.

what i ended up doing was sanding down back to wood, and then adding very few and very light coats during the day (key thing btw) under the natural lighting and it came out with a bunch of dark spots that i couldnt get out from the original paint but it was nice.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
as for other mods along the way

sperzel locking tuners

graphtec nut

blocked the trem "better"

and for the "i screwed up" section.

cutting out that pickup selector cavity and knob cavities (hidden under knobs)

sides of the veneer became unglued and i gotta fix that when i have time

and crooked tuners!

we all mess up, just gotta do better next time
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Nice job man!
“More metal than your gran’s left hip.” - Paul Allender on his PRS signature guitar