A few months back I found this snake, and to this day I still haven't been able to ID it. Since I'm not a :snake person", I wasn't gonna join a snake forum just for this ID.... SOOO... I came to ask you, comrades, if you may assist me in this snakes ID!

Here is the pic I took of it (sorry about the lowish quality). A few things that may help you if you are gonna try ID it:
It was found in South Africa
Its mouth was dark inside
Its aggressive when constantly poked!

Good luck! B)

When one truly knows oneself, one understands that one is divine, but also one understands that one is mortal. In such a way, you recognize that this mortality is really meaningless, as physical existence is meaningless.
That's not a snake, this is a snake.

Quote by rustausa

Here is the pic I took of it (sorry about the lowish quality). A few things that may help you if you are gonna try ID it:

Its aggressive when constantly poked!

You sound shocked by this.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Last edited by Trowzaa at Nov 20, 2011,
Small ass picture.
Looks like an adder of some description, but I couldn't be sure.
I should know. I love snakes
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Small ass picture.
Looks like an adder of some description, but I couldn't be sure.
I should know. I love snakes

I know, I wish I had a bigger one. I also suspect some sort of adder. Wish I still had it too, then I'd count its scales or something and make IDing it so much easier!
When one truly knows oneself, one understands that one is divine, but also one understands that one is mortal. In such a way, you recognize that this mortality is really meaningless, as physical existence is meaningless.
Looks like a Viper of some sort from the colouring and triangular head. I'm no expert though.
His names is Carl, and he enjoys music, literature and tennis. He is interested in a exciting but intellectual relationship. Call Carl at 0745893.
Look, we're all bored (we're in the Pit after all) but I for one am not identifying a snake.
Quote by Trowzaa
That's not a snake, this is a snake.

You sound shocked by this.

That's not a snake
This is snake
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by Metallicuh
That's not a snake
This is snake

I see you've played Knifey-Snakey before.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

(Invalid img)

OT: who ISN'T aggressive when constantly poked..?

edit:
Quote by Trowzaa
I see you've played Knifey-Snakey before.

legit lols

reference
Quote by LostLegion
You might as well join a snake forum just to ask this

Yeah, a site made for people to post their snakes and compare sizes.
seems legit.
Quote by Basti95
Yeah, a site made for people to post their snakes and compare sizes.
seems legit.

They're all rubbish. I posted a genuine purple-headed throbber, and got banned. WTH was with that?
Quote by slapsymcdougal
They're all rubbish. I posted a genuine purple-headed throbber, and got banned. WTH was with that?

Quote by SkepsisMetal

That anything like?

similar, but no, not the same. Thanks for looking though! I dont think it had a rattle (not one that I could actually make out though), but it did make a hissing kinda sound when it was threatened. It would do a trippy snake dance by swirling itself around in a coil, and that itself would produce the sound.
I think I found it! Im pretty sure it might be a common egg eater. Its pattern is practically the same. Im just not too sure about the head shape, but the common egg eater also has a dark coloured mouth. Here is a pic of one!