hi guys,

ive been contemplating replacing the standard nut on my fender mim strat with a Fender LRC Roller Nut.

how to you guys rate roller nuts? what are the advantages of them? disadvantages? should i get one or stick with the standard nut?
My MIA Strat came stock with one. Compared to the other trem guitars I have it stays in much better tune. It has the two pivot trem, locking tuners, lsr nut, and hipshot tremsetter. I've tried the graphtech nuts as well and I think the LSR works much better. Plastic ones get cut into far too easily with the tremolo action and start pinching the strings.
Quote by poppameth
My MIA Strat came stock with one. Compared to the other trem guitars I have it stays in much better tune. It has the two pivot trem, locking tuners, lsr nut, and hipshot tremsetter. I've tried the graphtech nuts as well and I think the LSR works much better. Plastic ones get cut into far too easily with the tremolo action and start pinching the strings.

how is your action? i personally like very low action but i've heard the the LSR restricts the action from getting lowered to a certain point.
Probably around 5/64 on most strings. I've never felt it to be abnormally high. I prefer a low action as well but I'll take less string rattle over very low action any day, which is why this one is at about 5/64 instead of the speced 4/64 or an extreme 3/64. You can chisel out the nut slot a bit as well if need be to get it lower.
I put a roller nut on my Epi, and I can't really tell a diference. I did it just because I could. I dont see why a roller nut would restrict you to a higher action. My action is very low.